1/48 AMT Stinson UC-81 (Reliant) (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

hawkeye2an

Staff Sergeant
Mar 18, 2009
St Joseph, Missouri
This is the old 1970s 1/48 AMT Stinson Reliant SR-9 done up as a UC-81. Over 1,000 civilian A/C were 'impressed' (read: drafted) at the start of WW II to be used as light transport. Could you imagine this happening today? "Hey, Donald Trump, we are going to take your private jet and use it in Afghanistan."….RIGHT !! This kit had major fit problems, the spats and struts might as well been 100% putty. Fairly decent interior, but you can't see much of it.

Attachments

• UC-81.jpg
    UC-81.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 371
  • UC-812.jpg
    UC-812.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 322
How nice is that. Brings back a memory. When I was sign painting in the states I used to prostitute myself for rides, lettering that is. Had a ride in a realllly nice one and we did wing-overs. What a ride. They were so gentle and fun to do. He let me fly them as well, I was taking my flight lessons at the time. I was 47 at the time and it was a thrill! cheers, Bill

Neat job! There used to be one of those based at my local club a few years back - nice looking kite for its time.

beautiful job job from such an old kit! :)

Would LOVE to have a current molding of any of the aircraft I'm interested in (USAAC UCs, Ls and Cs). Don't think it will ever happen. I built my P-51s and Spitfires when I was a kid and had fun. Not interested in spending $100+ for a kit and all the detail parts to go with it. So I am happy building the oldies and scratchbuilding. I'll post a pic of my stash soon. Probably the most unusual collection most of you will ever see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back