1/48 Arado Ar-196A Battle of Britain GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

109ROAMING

2nd Lieutenant
May 25, 2008
New Zealand
G'day guys!

Been a while , how are we all?

Thought I'd chip into this GB with this bird I picked up recently

Got a Heller and MPM kit for this , want to build the MPM kit in the scheme of the Heller kit ( boxart)

Problem: That aircraft apparently served in Crete 1941 thus out of the BOB theater. Could anyone find me a similar bird that served in the BOB theater/timeframe?? looked on the net and through the library and found bugger all in the way of similar schemes. Something like that of pic 4 would be good

Kit: MPM Arado Ar-196 A
Scale: 1/48th.
Category: Beginner
Accessories: Resin cockpit/vacuformed canopy. Standard short run kit thing

Anyway some pics of the Heller/MPM kit

Cheers

Attachments

• IMG_7997.JPG
    IMG_7997.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 272
  • boxart.jpg
    boxart.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 703
  • decals.jpg
    decals.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 2_7.jpg
    2_7.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 221
Sorry mate, they were not know to have served in the BoB in any way. The only sea / floatplanes used, for coastal recce and by the Seenotdienst for rescue work, were the Heinkels etc. as listed in the 'BoB Bits' posting for Luftwaffe types in the Battle.

Is one of my favorite planes seems someone was going to do that guy in 1/32 for later this year.

I think the 1/32nd scale kit has just been released - Academy? or maybe Revell? Can't remember, though I know Italeri have just released their 1/48th version. Or is it Italeri with the 1/32nd and .... oh b*ll*cks, I'm confused !

So were other types H, but they weren't involved in the Battle itself either. Types such as the Ar196 might well have been airborne during the period of the Battle, as were RAF aircraft such as Hudsons, Flamingos, Harrows etc., and some might even have been shot down by the opposition. But these types are not and were not on the ORBAT for either side, and therefore can not be considered part of the Battle of Britain.
EDIT. Oops, missed your post Kevin. It certainly looks good, and should sell well, if only because it's different from the usual run of the mill stuff. Certainly one of those which would make a good display model, especially on a section of ship's deck.

Last edited:
That would be cool Terry ofn the catupult itself with all the angle stryene,I-Beams and etc. would seem not to hard to pull off :idea:

Should be pretty straight forward, as it's all basically simple angles and 'I' beams etc. Seen it done for other catapult-launched models before, one including the gantry, crane, and part of the deck too, although that was 1/48th scale.

Sorry mate, they were not know to have served in the BoB in any way. The only sea / floatplanes used, for coastal recce and by the Seenotdienst for rescue work, were the Heinkels etc. as listed in the 'BoB Bits' posting for Luftwaffe types in the Battle.

Thats gay mate , Guess its the Crete scheme after all

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back