1/48 Arii supermarine spitfire LF MKVIII A58-517 Hava-go-jo Morotai early 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

thanks Keith, and guys, more pics soon.

Latest photos of copy with recent finished putting decals

IMG_0049-1_zps25d2b653.jpg

IMG_0048_zps142b86cf.jpg

IMG_0047_zpsc08c429a.jpg

Nice work Sergio. Perhaps a touch too heavy on the paint chipping below the cockpit entrance though?
This area is covered by the entrance flap when open, and entry is made by lifting first the right leg, over the cockpit sill, avoiding the door hinge to prevent damage, then sliding into the seat and bringing the left leg into the cockpit. Therefore, any paint wear would be at the line of the joint between wing root and fuselage side wall, below the open flap.

Thanks guys,
Terry as you say the paint wear should go more by the alar recess that under the cockpit door, it is too late to rectify it, for the following take this into account. as I said I was going to make the plane in his book Kagero topcolour edited and neither have I raised this and other errors in the short time I have available the model and modeling perfiero do not lose in practice if I look entretubiese investigate and find out would not have time to touch the plastic and that would be worse, I lose every day more skill if not above playing degas plastic would be a disaster, but as always grateful for your feedback.

Evan and see how and why are crooked luck is that I make, I will look before I put the decals on eliminating static having above, it made ​​me micro tubes and tube to put in pieces, is something is pending as I always finish the models do not quite leave well.

Good follow with disasters such as Wayne told me one day I tried to paint on the inside of the cockpit, has been a total disaster shattered the stained transparent so that after having it 2 days in liquid caustic soda was not removed as spotted all, seek a solution has clear again, even so to put it in the window I tried to go running stuff, I put the landing gear and stuck, I made the belt and place it as well as the cockpit door and something more than certain that I forget

pics:

IMG_0012-1_zps7d3baa92.jpg

IMG_0013-1_zpsa8d3c6e4.jpg

IMG_0014-1_zps886ac108.jpg

IMG_0015-1_zps90ea93d7.jpg

IMG_0016-1_zps93c58df4.jpg

Last edited:
Good work Sergio, but something to remember for next time is that the shoulder harnesses run through a slot in the armour plate just like this:

08es09_012-640x480.jpg

Also, the Mk VIII would not have had the headrest. Look at the first pic from Evan in post 113.

Last edited:
evan actually not too late to change the position of the top of the belt, I reviewed the photos and support because I put the belt so true.

Now I have to find a thermoforming dome to get to the one with the break I'm trying to get stains scratched me and I could remove the polish.

Andy and thanks wayne

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back