1/48 Arii supermarine spitfire LF MKVIII A58-517 Hava-go-jo Morotai early 1945

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

very good picture of truth, illuminating though I went to my library, I have searched in the boxes (although I have no place to place hundreds of books I have) I scaner some books to keep them on the tablet and have done some excerpts that I put kookaburra book are camouflage and markings of the RAAF from 1939 to 1945 written by Geoffrey Pentland, the plane was not in the typical scheme of the RAF and blue spinner, in 1945 the plane was painted green in two (guess would be: dark green-green foliage) and spinner in dark green, then find another picture of the squadron spinner color is white, one was black and dark blue, light blue and another one with the fs25177, an incredible mess .... ...
so difficult was that the squadron 79 the spinner has to go to this or that color does each color??????? dizziness relief leads me ....... hahahahahaha .....

the pics and text

4_zpsa1e8fee1.png

5_zps87f3aa13.png

6_zpsb8874ebd.png

1_zps5ecfa5ea.png

Last edited:
Sergio... as far as the spinner colour is concerned. Please have a look at the enlarged image. Undoubtedly the colour of the spinner is different from these two used for the camo scheme. I would say it might have been of a kind of blue or light green. But it is more likely it was the blue.

Spitfire MkVIII UP_F _1.jpg

Therefore I have made a test. I attached samples of the RAAF colours that could be use at that time for the plane. And converted them into the greyscale. What do you think?

Spitfire MkVIII UP_F _2a.jpg
Spitfire MkVIII UP_F _2b.jpg

many thanks wotjek're a master at this treatment management pictures someday you explain some steps, sure know coloring pictures and everything ...... as we noted from post # 113 and # 115 is most likely that the evan blue spinner put out some profiles that ce clear blue sky spinner, then at # 120 andy placed a very good picture only unseen aircraft codes, repeat the spinner of the blue, I just # 118 commented that the photos I have and that I have placed colored photo in a treatment program and 5 photos photos only one has gone green, looking online and saw the decals profile barracuda plane decals and also blue now following your steps wojtek (although he had almost for granted and safe and that was the fs25177) I painted the blue spinner and no doubt kookaburra and the book is more than wrong, and there I got the photos .....

Today I will begin the process of painting the livery of the plane, yesterday and today i was taking steps and paint circles Hare has said this is almost coming to an end .......

good the last pics:
liveries painted spinner and also almost finished.
I put some pictures of how I paint

IMG_0010-1_zps5a567d92.jpg

IMG_0011-1_zps7c4466c6.jpg

IMG_0015-1_zpseef637c9.jpg

I first make the circle in a 5cm enmascaras tape, where he practiced the three circles, within the 4 points I can focus referenciaasi circles after I place the exterior painted white, put the two remaining circles (each circle has a mark for know who is responsible for each), the middle circle centered sack and painted blue, I decided on the fs15044 as I said in previous posts

IMG_0018-1_zps3cbae576.jpg

while I've been painting the engine exhaust are just as bright finish, I started with a base humbroll 113, filter Humbrol 26, marked in maroon, gray and greenish at the tips (with a brush 10/0 at the ends give hair colored with watercolors, then keyed to Humbrol 110 matt varnish to seal the colors and painted just to continue giving a filter with natural earth colored watercolor

IMG_0016-1_zpsadb4feb8.jpg

IMG_0017-1_zpsa570391a.jpg

Last edited:
Know the feeling Andy! I'm just glad I can remember my name is...um, name is... (damn what was it again?) :)

Sergio, great work mate! Have read of that technique, great to see it being done. Opens up a world of possibilities when you either can't get certain decals, or they cost an arm and a leg.

Good link Keith, they did well!

Ellis995 i could not see the Link my pc segurity locks the page will try to win win win win windows i can see

Users who are viewing this thread

Back