1/48 Bristol F.2b / Davidson RFC – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Oh my Bill…………I feel kind'a guilty…..I got you into this wired up mess and now your all tired up.

Time for an afternoon siesta maybe………………….
asleep-045.gif
ZZZZZZZz

Oh my Bill…………I feel kind'a guilty…..I got you into this wired up mess and now your all tired up.

Time for an afternoon siesta maybe………………….
asleep-045.gif
ZZZZZZZz

I may need a loopy thing or two before I finish this thing......... if you have any spares?
Don't have much of the smaller tube left either. This thing is Hungry for the stuff.

No need to feel guilty..... I done brought this on meself!

Last edited:
A few dozen ref photos....................

But now the rudder has a double cable. I been using a .035mm drill for all the loopy thingies to sit in. But........... a DOUBLE loopy hole needs to be .045mm. Now I had to drill the rudder arm out to .045mm.......... WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I tell yah, no more than four wyres at a time, it's all I can take...

***Shoulda been point/zero's!

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 19.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 19.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Its looking great!
The loopy bits are pretty easy to make. Take a strand of wire from some speaker wire and bend it around a small drill bit (.08, I think) and grab the two ends with a pair of hemostats, (I used my fingers, don't recomend that.) and twist them untill tight. Cut and repeat!

Does not sound like fun, Paul. If and when I get around to rigging my F3F, there will be no loopy thingies.

Charles

Paul, these loopy thingies are more like .025 I.D. the wyre is more like .015 pretty GD small.....

and I stuck the rudder on, and did Six wyres.......... I need a break!

I feel like I'm getting encouraged by my rehab minders......... LOL

I Think....... I say Think I am ready with all the bl00dy wires I need. Good thing too, cuz I'm running outa loopy thingies.
Vic, my man, did you have This many strings????????

Another FRummy Coke, a good nights sleep and.............
more heart palpitations tomorrow!

Attachments

• GB16 F2b Dvdsn 20.jpg
    GB16 F2b Dvdsn 20.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 75
You know what I said about my stereo, well forget it. It doesn't have nearly that many wires. :lol:
I'm sure it will look great Bill, but doing that would drive me up the wall.

Your about ready for the fun part Bill………………………..Just kidding.

On model had 46 strands and another 40 but I did cheat with the tails as if the strand went through one side and out the other, I just threaded it through with a shim either side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back