1/48 Dora Wings Messerschmitt Bf-109B

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind words gents. The next clear coat has been added and I have now applied the decals. Another clear coat to seal them in and then onto some basic weathering. I've never actually tried to weather any models as yet so this could be an interesting experience - lets hope I don't bollock's it up!!!

Photos to add tomorrow - bit too late tonight and would like to use some daylight if possible; although with Melbourne's crappy weather at the moment, who knows what it will be like.

Cheers!

I am going to call this one done!

Life has a funny way of interfering with well laid plans... The following shots show the kit as complete as I really don't want to keep fooling around with various bits and pieces for shadowing, weathering, chipping etc. I had a go at a lot of the various weathering techniques I have read about and seen on this forum. Some worked better than others. I think the thing I learned most was how hard it is to get a really good quality clear coat on the model - and just how important it is, especially when you get it wrong.

None-the-less here are the photos. There is some subtle weathering, but you will have to look really close to see it. The colours look a bit odd again - this is a function of the LED light combination under which the photo's are taken. Good quality natural light is a bit of a rare commodity in Melbourne - gloomy crap is the norm.
Bf-109B Complete LHS Front Quarter1.JPG

Bf-109B Complete RHS Rear Quarter1.JPG
Bf-109B Complete LHS Front Quarter2.JPG

Bf-109B Complete Underside1.JPG

Bf-109B Complete Underside2.JPG

Looking at these shots I've realised I neglected to add some exhaust stain on the fuselage sides. Too late now - model is already parked in the bookshelf and I have no intention of getting it back down :evil4:

If I get time I will try to put some more of the finished shots into a thread in the finished builds section.

Thanks to everyone for their input and encouragement. I have a Tamiya Birdcage Corsair up next. Probably wont be as detailed a build as this one - everyone seems to have already built this kit and most are of much better quality.

Thanks again for looking in on my project.

Cheers!

Nice stand!! Think I'll have to find some felt - looks much more practical than using tape...
Thanks! The felt will get coated with paint over time. Hopefully the white glue I used isn't too strong when it's time to replace it. The hardware is a bit heavy duty, but it was the only wing nut stuff I had in my stash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back