1/48 F-102A/F-106 Delta - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Just found this thread and as I have this model I was ready to jump in.............right up to the post with the wings. The other gaps I could probably deal with but after the A-4 I gotta build something next that requires less filler management. Looks like you've got a handle on this one Glenn, so carry on. :thumbright:

Thanks guys, I just knew that thin little piece of plastic sticking out from the nose would not last.

Just found this thread and as I have this model I was ready to jump in.............right up to the post with the wings. The other gaps I could probably deal with but after the A-4 I gotta build something next that requires less filler management. Looks like you've got a handle on this one Glenn, so carry on. :thumbright:
Most of the model is really nice, just a few bad areas, but they are BAD! I've got them all licked now. Tail done, wings done and I finished up those nasty gaps on the intakes last night. The wings look like they will fit pretty good with only a little messing around where the leading edge meets the fuselage, but then that spot is usually a problem area no mater what kit your building.

Back at it again and glued the wing on tonight. There's a couple of rough spots that will need attention. Parts of the wing to fuselage joint which has a little gap which will be a pain to work on because of it's location, and the joint under the rear fuselage which was larger but should be no problem to deal with. The pictures show work some rough work on the joints already started. Not too much left to do before the painting starts.
PC059169r.JPG
PC059170r.JPG
PC059171r.JPG
PC059172r.JPG

Last edited:
Just now looked in for the first time on this build. Sure are doing a great job on the little details. I'll be sure to keep looking in on the progress. The wheel wells and seat are great. Well done.

Looking good there Glenn. Shame that Jack has lost interest. I worry that future generations will lose all artistic and manufacturing skills, and will converse in grunts derived from text message language, complete with those stupid code letters - S,D, or whatever - meaningless drivel, ruining languages which have evolved over thousands of years. Perhaps the makers of 'X-Box' and similar equipment, should introduce packages including models, cards etc - make them a 'must have', to keep 'in' with the crowd, and we could see an increase in model making and other forms of arts and crafts.

I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. Soon I'm sure girls will be crowding out the X-Box, but that doesn't help the hobby much. I think we all went through that only to rediscover it in our 30s. I did anyway.

After more than a month I'm back to work on this one. I had the airbrush out so I painted the tail red after an undercoat of white. Still needs some work on the joints before I start spraying the NMF.
P2069268.JPG
P2069269.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back