1/48 F-102A/F-106 Delta - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

This one has been stalled for quite some time because the next step for me is to install the canopy and windscreen before painting and I somehow manged to loose the windscreen. I found a parts order page on the Revell website last night and ordered a new one so if I get it I'll be rolling with the 102 again just as my GB #17 entries are finished.

Great work so far Glenn!

Shame about Jack losing interest, but you never know... maybe he'll get back into it sometime. (The LHS owners here also cite X-box and computers for the die-off in trade, no doubt book stores have the same grudge)

Revell couldn't help me with the canopy so for the last of month or so I've been patiently watching eBay for another 102 at a decent price and finally picked one up. So maybe I'll be able to get back to this one now.

Man, I love those old jet interceptors: they just look so single purpose and mean with that low-slung canopy, those highly-swept wings and big ass engines. Love delta wings (too bad the F-16XL never really went anywhere) and internal weapons bays for that silky smooth look... Love the look of the new Eurofighter, too.

My favorite, though, I suspect will always be the Foxbat. I find the very clever make-do-with-what-you-have engineering almost more impressive than the super high-tech (for the time) F-15. And love Belenko's story.

Apparently today is "Pull that old unfinished kit off the shelf and get back to it day" because I started working on this one as well as Robert L Scott's P-40K.

The last thing I did was spray the red on the tail back over a year ago. I did it right over the gray plastic and was never really happy with it so I sprayed it white last night and Red again today and am happy with the results. I also Sprayed the black on the nose, so maybe the silver won't be very far away.
P5030829.JPG

Last edited:
Don't you love pulling out unfinished builds. I've finished two so far this year and will shortly finish off a third. Getting the reds to look right is quite an art.

Geo

And Kitty Hawk has the F-101A/C coming out this month, with the Trumpeter F-100 series and the Hasegawa F-104 series and the Hobby Boss F-105D G, some new live has come into the Century series. This is good news as the Century series is one of my best loved lines. Monogram has always had this covered but some of the series needed a big revamp. The 100 is the biggie and it was taken care of the the C/D/ and F being done by Trumpeter. The Duce would be nice to see a new one and I think Kitty Hawk has that covered but not real sure. The Six is my all time tops for the Centurys and I like the Monogram kiit on it. The kit could use some up dateing as in engraved lines and what not, A good AIM-26 would be nice also. Of the Monograms I have something like 5 F-100, + a C&H F conversion, 6 F-101B's + two K&H Vack RF-101A/C conversions, 3 Duces, 2 Starfighters, 6 105D's and six 105F/G's and eight Sixes. Other then F-4's I thinks that the Centurys are my most holdings. But as the USAF bought the F-4 as the F110A, I still consider it and the 111 as part of the Century series.

I have all the Monogram Centaury kits in my stash (the 102 being the first of them I've started building) They all look like real nice kits the only drawback being the raised panel lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back