1/48 F-94C Starfire

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

meatloaf109

1st Lieutenant
Jan 1, 2012
north carolina
User name, Meatloaf109
Name, Paul
Scale, 1/48
Manufacturer, Lindberg
Model type, Lockheed F-94C Starfire

This is one of the old Lindberg line, sparce on detail, sparce on accuracy.
It will probably take a long time as I will be using it as filler from Group Builds.
I will find as many detail photos as I can and then try to duplicate the stuff.

f94-1.jpg

f94-2.jpg

Great Paul! I was wondering what that kit was like. I collected some photos of the "C" when I was doing research for my B. I'll dig them out and post them when I get home tonight.

Nice one Paul. You might be amazed at what can be done with such basic kits, with a bit of thought and some scratch-building.

Great Paul! I was wondering what that kit was like. I collected some photos of the "C" when I was doing research for my B. I'll dig them out and post them when I get home tonight.
Thanks!
The kit is an old "blow-through", NO interior to speak of, not even a tub for the crew to sit in!
It's mostly the 'pit that I have been having trouble finding picts. The rear seat radar set-up in particular.
I have an old Monogram F101 that has graciously volunteered to supply bits 'n chunks, but the vast majority will be scratched.

The wings are way too small, the "coke bottle" nose looks passable, and the fuselage matches up pretty good until the after section of the wing root. From there it is nearly 1 inch shorter than the Hobbycraft "B" I am using as a guide.

f94-5.jpg

f94-4.jpg

f94-3.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back