1/48 Greatwall Fw189-A2 Nachtjager (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

:thumbleft: I would say that is chalks or the MIG product for the dirt in the tires? The question is did you use a suspension method to apply?if so what?if Not how? alot of questions I know but I just got my MIGs a month ago.I made a solution acrylic thinner,powder and a little black real thin solution and it seems to work on the 190 I am doing.My gear and WWells look better than my usual work but I have the tires that are left.Not hyjacking just trying to learn.Cheers Kevin ;)

Thanks for the input Andy I've thankfully got a drum left over for the cannon:D
Thanks Kevin ,used ground pastels dry brushed followed by a spray of testors dullcoat . Hope that helps
I tried some plasti-pair to mold up the Fug radar boxes,I use the stuff to repair the fairings on my race bike figured it would work on this application

fw189radar002.jpg

molded it into blocks

fw189radar004.jpg

then cut to size added the details and paint

fw189radar005.jpg

this should just about wrap up the interior aside from the schrage music instal

fw189r2005.jpg

fw189r2004.jpg

fw189r2002.jpg

fw189r2001.jpg

anybody per chance have a pic of the mg 151 in this configuration

Trey, I'm not that sure about the drum. Is that MG 151 the 15mm or 20mm? I believe there were various methods used and a chute from an ammo box is also possible. Not being familiar with the arrangement (wing root?) I'd look into this a bit more.

Trey, I'm not that sure about the drum. Is that MG 151 the 15mm or 20mm? I believe there were various methods used and a chute from an ammo box is also possible. Not being familiar with the arrangement (wing root?) I'd look into this a bit more.

I believe from what I've read in my ref book they used both types 15 and 20 this is in the 'schrage music'configuration so your first suggestion of drum fed would make sense,thanks again!
and thanks for the kind words Vic and Wayne!

My eyes are ready to fall out of my head ,got the thing masked and a spray of clear on to help prevent bleed thru's

fw189c2001.jpg

fw189c2002.jpg

fw189c2003.jpg

fw189c2004.jpg

fw189canopy007.jpg

Oh man, that looks bloody painful! Good thing the kit came with those masks (I assume) - can't imaging what a pain it would be to cut those individually by eye.

Great work and commendable patience!

thanks Andy,the masks have been the only let down in the kit so far ,almost all required trimming and they are'nt staying down well at all. I may wind up remasking the entire thing before its all said and done.:cry:

"Select and locate Number 32 adjacent to 31A and then ...."
I'm dizzy just looking at it!
Nice job, and i really hope you don't have to re-mask that lot!

I may have gotten away with not having to remask ,shot the primer on after burnishing the masks back down with a toothpick and it seems to be holding
fw189c2primer001.jpg

fw189c2primer002.jpg

fw189c2primer003.jpg

keeping my fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back