1/48 Greatwall Fw189-A2 Nachtjager (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

treyzx10r

Senior Airman
Dec 27, 2010
orlando
I'm going to try and pull off converting this observation to a nightfighter version from Ng100 based in Greifswald feb 1945. The mods should'nt be too difficult,the hard part is finding good ref pics. I've located some good exterior pics the interior ones are eluding me, if anybody has a lead on some that would be great.
The kit looks really clean with very little flash and few injector pin marks(those that are there will mostly be covered).The kit also already has the fug radar panel,shrage music cannon and a seperate canopy with the predrilled hole for the diopole support tube. Should be a release of the Nightfighter version at a later date but who knows and I ca'nt wait.
the kit box cover
hi-PI000000145093-1.jpg

the n/f version
32-1024x381.jpg

actual pic with ground crew
fw189_1-1.jpg

I got started on the office and plugged off the camera hole with 3m tape.
fw189001.jpg

fw189002.jpg

fw189006.jpg

the kit has some nice pe parts including rudder pedals and seat belts
fw189a001.jpg

I've hit the first snag, trying to figure the location of the radar display panel! Any suggestions would be most welcome,thanks in advance
fw189a1.jpg

Last edited:
Greets Gentlemen

as far as I know there were NO Fw 189 in NJG 100 in 1945, the crates were all Ju 88G-6's the Fw 189 was removed in early 1944.

Greets Gentlemen

as far as I know there were NO Fw 189 in NJG 100 in 1945, the crates were all Ju 88G-6's the Fw 189 was removed in early 1944.

I geuss my reference from my book 'German Aircraft of WWII 'published by blitz editions is eroneous on page 90, my bad

Looks interesting, and welcome to the forum.
I might have some interior drawings and a cutaway, but nothing on the night fighter version.
The Night Fighter / Commonwealth GB ends on Feb 28, so still time.
Have a look at the rules and photo requirements first.

thanks for the positive input and welcome Airframes ,I'll check the requirements of the g/b.

It would be great to see that in the GB. "And now for something completely different...."

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I lke what you've done so far on the kit.

thanks all ,still having trouble finding a location for the Fug display.I did start on the engine assemblies ,post up a few pics when I figure this pe wiring harness out

thanks everyone , I thought the same about the wiring as well . Must have some real good insulation properties in that wire I geuss:lol:
Argos410Engine1_gallery-2.jpg

still trying to figure out the fug radar placement ,until then I'm going to start scatching the flame supressors and diopole support boom
38a-1024x661-1.jpg

I did a dry fit of the major parts ,looks tight might need just a little spot of filler at the cannon port fairings in the wing roots
fw189mock-up001.jpg

thanks Viking this kit seems to be well worth the money so far ,the fit is superb and the panel lines are nice and crisp,very very little flash. The only things I've noted as negative so far are the overly deep grooves in the main wheels and the rudders fabric covering 'sag' seems a bit excessive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back