1/48 Greatwall Fw189-A2 Nachtjager

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trey some really nice work on those engines Sir!and I have never seen this kit or the manufacturer before but it sure does look nice also.:thumbleft: Cheers

Thanks all,yes the quality of the kit is very nice and the parts fit has been excellent.The wings went on to the roots snug and no filler is going to be needed,in fact I would almost be tempted not to even glue them.The only snags are the too deeply grooved main wheels and the excessive 'sag' in the fabric on the rudders.
I finally located an interior pic from a fellow enthusiast and now can move forward again. I had a seat left from the ju88 build so putting it to use and got the first of the Fug display boxes in.
fw189lg003.jpg

fw189lg004.jpg

fw189lg006.jpg

went ahead and mounted up the powerplants
fw189lg005.jpg

not sure what to do about the deep grooves ,may just live with it.
fw189lg002.jpg

thanks all

I've been working double shifts at work so the progress has slowed sorry about that. I did tackle the upper instrument panel . With all the glass some added detail here was a must. I took the stock panel and drilled out all the instrument holes

fw189inst001.jpg

fw189inst002.jpg

next I strecthed some sprue ,sanded to size of the hole and glued in place

fw189inst003.jpg

all in place ready for trimming and sanding

fw189inst004.jpg

just about there I need to add the wiring but thats for another session I need sleep first

fw189inst3001.jpg

fw189inst2001.jpg

Dude, that is amazing work. I didn't even know this plane was ever a night fighter. I have a recon version, but yours is blowing me away. Very nice work. :thumbright:

Thanks all really appreciate the compliments,keeping me motivated
I got the wiring on the overhead console done

fw189fwd001.jpg

fw189fwd005.jpg

I also built the diopole support from a brass tube and some stretched sprue. I'm geussing at this set up as the ref pics found fail to show this area,might not be accurate but I'm living with it. I drilled a hole in the floor for the hard point

fw189fwd006.jpg

then made the mount from stretched sprue

fw189fwd007.jpg

test fit is good,I'll be able to leave the tube off until the final steps,also mounted up the overhead cluster

fw189fwd1001.jpg

I also replaced the cannon barrel and wheel axles with some steel rod

fw189fwd002.jpg

fw189fwd004.jpg

fw189fwd1002.jpg

fw189fwd1003.jpg

anybody have a clue if the mg151 in this instalation was belt or drum fed?Any help would be huge and greatly appreciated

Beautiful work! This model is going to look great when done.

As for the MG151, I'm no expert but I believe most were drum fed.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back