1/48 Greatwall Fw189-A2 Nachtjager

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Trey my man, it looks brilliant mate! I really like your colours and weathering. Finish is very good overall in my opinion. I like the antenna detail - well done! Must have been a bit of a pain.

Since you asked (and I appreciate constructive comments as well) there are some minor things I see that might just as easily be blips in the pictures but here goes anyway:

1) Third one down, just behind the opened cowl, there appears to be a lip on the leading edge of the wing where it meets the nacelle. A little scrape with a knife would remove that easily.

2) Fourth one down, it looks like the flaps on the outer wings are deployed at different angles but that could be the photo perspective.

3) Last pic - small gap at the outer wing to boom seam and an even smaller one at the wing to fuselage joint. My favourite technique for this kind of stuff is applying squadron putty and, before it dries, removing excess with a Q-Tip dabbed in Cutex nail polish remover. This leaves a smooth finish with recessed panel lines intact and the gap nicley filled. This is before painting of course! The Cutex will remove paint. Others use white glue (PVA) or CA to fill small gaps.

Still, I think it looks great. I'd be proud to have done a job as good as that!

Thanks Andy really appreciate your taking the time to give it the once over! I was able to correct the first 2 but the last ones I'm gonna have to live with.At least its the same on the other side so its symetrical:lol:

I think you should of had this over on the current group build on this forum... Commonwealth/night fighters... Maybe you still can. It depends on the judges. :)

Thanks to all for the great input and kind words, heres a few finished up pics
fw189finish2002.jpg

fw189finish2005.jpg

fw189finish2004.jpg

fw189finish007.jpg

fw189finish008.jpg

fw189finish2006.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back