1/48 Hawker Hurricane Mk 1, Flt Cdr Pete Brothers 32 Sq RAF Biggin Hill (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll be holding my breatrh for sure Andy!! I really gotta get a move on, been busy here and hardly any time work on the plane!

Really fighting an uphill battle to finish on time........

The code letters came out great, just a slight touch up on the " L " required..

GZL007.jpg

GZL008.jpg

GZL009.jpg

Nice work Peter, looking great. BTW, what's the rush? There's another month left before the end of the GB.
Just occured to me, having looked at the decals in my kit. You could have used the kit code letters, and cut the 'B' to make the 'L'. Bit late now though !

another month??? Damn I had it in my head that it finished end of October!! "Breathes a sigh of relief"

Yep, end of November. There's an overlap of one month between GB's, with the next one starting on November 1st, so that's probably where the confusion arose.

Last Minute Catastrophy!!!

The weather here has been odd, 30+ degree days, torential down pours... (some would say typical Melbourne).. anyways has also been quite humid, no idea if this caused my catastrophy, but on the application of the flat clear the roundels on the wing tops bubbled up, as well as some of the paint on the fuselage.. with no time left in the build plus being a really hectic time of year for me and I'd like to get stuck into the boomerang for GB#8, I'm going to leave it alone and clean it up when i get a chance

GZL010.jpg

GZL011.jpg

Damn Pete, that's a shame - and weird. Not just the decal but the paint as well it appears. What flatcoat product did you use and what did you apply it over?

Too bad Pete, Don't know about the paint, but could the trouble with the decals was that it wasn't sealed. I always brush some Future over the decals before the dullcoat.

Can't give you an answer either. I know it's been very wet and somewhat humid, but I've also been decaling and don't seem to be having anything out of the ordinary happen. Such a shame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back