1/48 Heinkel He-111

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

HELLO TO ALL, already back in Mexico City.

It was difficult to dedicate time to work in our bomber, but the couple of hours that I could do it, at least it allowed me to get rid of that tickle and I was able to give a better revision to the instructions and collect some information from the net.

Checking the pieces, the first thing I detected and worked on, was a scratch (small scratch) that brought one of the windows of the front bubble. Different fine sandpapers, until polishing that part. Later I will polish the whole piece in its moment during the process.

I made a dry fit with the transparent parts and the fuselage to see the condition of the union of the pieces.

I could see that at the joint of the right side, there is a small gap (the same one I remember seeing when I built my Revell He-111H-22. I know they are the same molds), I do not think it represents a bigger problem to solve with a small styrene strip.

Finally I think I can confirm that the version I will make will be that of the aircraft captured by the RAF, the AW177.

So, according to the images obtained, I can see that the aircraft will have the four windows that go behind the cabin (two on each side)
Interesting will be to find photographs that show the interior of that section with the windows. (It is a "discreet and humble" call to the connoisseurs ...)

I had not taken a photo of the different branches, but here is a panoramic view of the breakfast table in my brother-in-law's house. I could only put glue on the tires and the rear stabilizers ...

I hope to move forward during the week ... some time has passed since my Bf109 ... and my therapist requires me.

Gracias por sus visitas y comentarios

LOVE IT!!!! Do you have the white serial numbers? I think I have some
Thanks Geo !!, ... I have thought to make the circles of the RAF with airbrush and my circular cutter on Tamiya adhesive millimeter sheets, likewise the tricolor shields of the tail ... but I do not have the white serial numbers ... ...
... I think it does not have more letters or numbers in view.

ah so the actual building is starting. great. I will too now.....

Nice progress incidentally
Hi Michael, I was able to start formally from my workbench (nothing like being in your sacred precinct).
I already started working on that cockpit whose tangle of cables and "flying pedals" make it very special. Tomorrow I upload the photos.
Good evening from this side of the world.

Good day to all. =D>

On this occasion I will open the surface where the tip operator rests.

... this is one of the main images on which I relied to give me an idea of the "nest" of pipes and cables that make up this area in the cockpit ...!

(Pic from the Internet)

... and that's how the odyssey began ...

The pedals that the kit brings are very coarse, ... I used the ones that the Eduard Bf109 kit brought (and I did not use them it because I put the PE ones)

After an entertaining evening and the use of several calibers of wire and solder, more or less, this is the partial result ...

With the instrument panels and the console with levers and cranks, we will see how the appearance is improved, to make that section "the closest thing" to the real aircraft.

I hope you like it, and any suggestion or contribution is well received.

Saludos

Thanks Andy, I love spaghetti, so it would not hurt her ...
Gracias y excelente fotografía

Thanks Geo, I'm also looking for images to detail the inside of the pump bay (behind the cockpit) The kit brings that section with no detail because it is between the two walls that make up that space.

Gracias campeón

Do not worry Geo , I appreciate everything you do.
I already checked my email and started to flip through the information. The translator in Russian will facilitate the study.
Regarding the serial numbers, I had previously thought of doing them as a mask with Tamiya tape ... They are simple numbers and letters. It will be a good challenge to make the RAF circles, the rudder rectangles and the serial numbers by hand, masks and airbrush.

Muchas gracias y buenas noches

Users who are viewing this thread