<-- 1/48 heinkel He219 UHU - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

destrozas

Senior Master Sergeant
Jan 12, 2010
Username: destrozas
First name: Sergio
Category: Intermediate
Scale: 1/48
Manufacturer: 61057
Model Type: Heinkel He-219A5-7 uhu
accesory: none

When the start date of the GB approaching, pull out the models that had the twin engine of this time, and place them on the table in the living room to the family, they all asked them chose 3 and in which order the wanted, three days estubieron the models on the dining table until they decided, I spent the models who did not want them to do and were three at the end, this is the first they want to finish, leads with eachother 2 more days my eldest daughter almost 7 years that I received and my wife and daughter want the do now approaching 7 birthday of my girl does.

2c6VMfPwcFmGau5luUBT6WgenorPG3PrXToTT9N3gKncK1Nmzu5vJfOVS8h9GOX49hR0RzBUOUODtNQ5Rg=w1280-h854-no.jpg

Markings are included for three examples:

• He 219A-7, W.Nr. 290123, TH, 1./NJG1, May 1945
2_4_b1.jpg

• He 219A-7, G9+CH, 1./NJG1, 1945
2_6.jpg

• He 219A-7, W.Nr. 310188, D5+CL, 3./NJG3, May 1945
2_1.jpg

the latter model is captured by Allied aircraft
Captured-Heinkel-He-219A7-3.NJG3-(D5+CL)-WNr-310189-Grove-Denmark-May-1945-02.jpg

This aircraft was photographed at Grove, Denmark during May 1945. Atfer its capture it was used as a test airframe by the RAF. All the German national markings were replaced with RAF roundels.

Last edited:
Good one Sergio. Built this kit for the Nightfighter GB a few years ago. One side of the rear cockpit is missing any detail and the wheel wells are pretty sparse.

Good one Sergio. Built this kit for the Nightfighter GB a few years ago. One side of the rear cockpit is missing any detail and the wheel wells are pretty sparse.

My good friend of forum and friend live Andy, that you think that is not the airplane that I take like example to mount mine ?, every time I start a new airplane always I look at those that have mounted for you in the forum and I use it like guide.
It is an honor to be able to work like this, to have great modelers as an example to make my models.

After a lot of laps and because everybody wants to do the G9 + TH, (including my wife and daughter), I decided on the D5 + CL, first appreciation of the model, as you can see in the picture when Is captured and repainted by the British, the radar operator only has a visor does not have both, so it will stay with a single viewfinder.

Now while I begin to work the interiors I will continue thinking if I modify the painting to make the captured or the otherwise I leave in the German,

Add a any pics.
Today to begin the model because it commences for what is more expensive that is the detailed and positioned of the wings, as I saw that it was so complicated in the assembly that andy did in its day
IMG_6459_zpsd6dystms.jpg

IMG_6460_zpsf46guaao.jpg

IMG_6461_zpsfxj9tv5t.jpg

Then more pics

We continue with the photos:
The wing has the wrong shape, if you place a ruler in the line of the central chariot should be stuck and without clutch the space that is is considérable, so it must be placed well.
IMG_6467_zpsu3zilz8m.jpg

The first thing I did was trim the edge of the wing just by the union to the engine gondola, it is not well and it is very open, it protrudes in excess and then it had to sand a lot and it is a complicated zone, later with a barilla of brass Of 4mm of those that are put of reinforcement in the wings of the models of RC I make the tool that introduced in the wing will make me of biga to give the form to the wing while the glue cements the parts and hardens.
first part
IMG_6468_zpsedcfgxiy.jpg

second part
IMG_6469_zpshmkjqaov.jpg

While drying the left wing I put as I left the right wing and the photo of the rod that you use and the form that asks to force the set to stop the position
IMG_6463_zpsep0rzxgv.jpg

IMG_6462_zpskgjqjgee.jpg

Other photos of the detail of the landing gear wells that I had here but I could not settle for problems with the adobe, (already rectified)

IMG_6464_zpslrjt2apl.jpg

IMG_6465_zpsn9nip1hh.jpg
IMG_6466_zpsqey5p6k1.jpg

When everything is well dry I will put to finish the detailed that this is only the beginning

I like the added wheel well details. I'm surprised by what seems to be considerable warpage on the wings.

Sergio... not sure what scheme you'll be doing but have you seen the National Air and Space Museum's restoration efforts on their Uhu? The painting of the mottles is especially interesting being a light on dark technique as opposed to the more commonly modeled dark mottles on a lighter background.

Heinkel He 219 A-2/R4 Uhu (Eagle Owl)

9949_640.jpg

I like the added wheel well details. I'm surprised by what seems to be considerable warpage on the wings.

Sergio... not sure what scheme you'll be doing but have you seen the National Air and Space Museum's restoration efforts on their Uhu? The painting of the mottles is especially interesting being a light on dark technique as opposed to the more commonly modeled dark mottles on a lighter background.

Heinkel He 219 A-2/R4 Uhu (Eagle Owl)

9949_640.jpg

If indeed I follow it I have been looking for several links, the scheme is similar to what Andy did, mine or rather the one I would like to imitate is the one that has the following photos:

perfil2_zpsgdyngohr.jpg

1_zpsgzcqno6x.png

3_zpsllxnr4vu.png

Followed that work very closely when I did mine. The scheme was proven when the wings were removed, revealing the original paint.

When I made the fw190d of jv44, I followed as advice this part of an article that was on the internet (I do not remember the direction I extracted it and save it), on luft colors at the end of the war, this is the fraction that speaks of the Possible differences therein in RLM76
" The following table describes the fuselage colours and their characteristics:
RLM 76 Slightly This is a lighter and more vivid darker than blue applied to the lower engine
White-Blue 35622 cowl and the lower portions of the rear portion of both starboard cowl bulges. Also used as light mottle on the cowl.
Patches of 76 show through the thinly applied Green-Grey colour.

This colour is also a close match for the RLM 76 colour chip in Model Art 's Special on the Fw-
190D and Ta 152 (see Refs.) but slightly lighter.The RLM 76 shade on the aircraft is noticeably lighter and brighter than the various "76 Light Blue", colour chips in "The Official Monogram Guide to German Aircraft 1935-1945". However, the colour chip on page 69 labelled "Light Blue (variation)" is a very close match. Interestingly, this Monogram colour sample was found on another remanufactured aircraft - a Focke Wulf Fw 190 F-8/R1.

This pale Green-Grey colour is Green-Grey applied to most of the fuselage FS 34583 and sides and lower surfaces.
FS 34672 The impression of the colour is very similar to a light shade of Similar to RAF "Sky Type S". The colour has 34583 but been thinly applied by spraygun, slighly and has run in several places on lighter; the starboard side. A sharp, similar to ragged masking line divides this 34672 but colour from the Yellow/Green slightly more colour applied to the rear "murky". fuselage on the starboard side aft of fuselage station 4.The colour is a very close match for the colour chip labelled "Sky" in the back of "British Aviation Colours of World War Two" (see Refs.); and similar to the "Sky" sample in the Ministry of Small Aircraft RAF Camouflage Colour Chart (see Refs.) but lighter in shade. This colour is similar to the paint chip described as "Green-Blue" on page 41 of "The Official Monogram Guide to German Aircraft 1935-1945" (see Refs.), but slightly less green .

Yellow-Green Similar to Probably one of the colours fs 34554 but sometimes incorrectly referred to
slightly as RLM 84. This colour is only darker and applied to the rear starboard very slightly fuselage aft of a sharply masked, more yellow ragged line near fuselage station 4.

Similar to the colour chip in the Model Art Special on the Fw 190D and Ta 152 (see Refs.) but less
green and less vivid.

Almost a perfect match for the colour described as Green-Blue on page 41 of the "Monogram" book. "

Andy if this is the one you followed while doing yours from there I searched the internet, mottled with the degraded painting of the RLM76 what people confuse with the mysterious RLM84, but it was only the degradation of the painting for lack Of raw material and the conditions of the factories after the constant attack allied to this type of installations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back