<-- 1/48 heinkel He219 UHU - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks Sergio. I would say that the scheme seen on the Smithsonian's 290202 and my 290123 is different from yours and that you should go with the blue-grey RLM76 overall with small mottles of 75. If I recall, there was some debate on whether or not the waves on 290202 were painted with the green-blue version or the blue-grey version of 76. Not an issue in your case though.

Thanks Sergio. I would say that the scheme seen on the Smithsonian's 290202 and my 290123 is different from yours and that you should go with the blue-grey RLM76 overall with small mottles of 75. If I recall, there was some debate on whether or not the waves on 290202 were painted with the green-blue version or the blue-grey version of 76. Not an issue in your case though.

In my case according to I have read in the books I have of or about the LDv521 / 1-2-3, the camouflage of this camion of camouflage was on the rlm75 is made a cubic pattern with rlm76, there is some information that could be The second version of rlm76 the color somewhat darker gray than blue similar to rlm78, in the book of michael ullman in the aparatado of the night fighters makes mention that according to the photographic support could be defined as pure rlm76, so in order , All this time from 1944 to 1945 was a chaos, and a total chaos for us with the German paintings

I've heard it said that the "mottles" seen on your machine could in fact be a tight wave pattern of 76 over solid 75. I suggested small 75 mottles over 76 for ease of painting.

Thanks guys so much for entering and supporting as for the advice.
I take to do the wiring from inside the wells all this time, I have not been able to do much back pain I was sharpened in the chair, I do not have a good posture on my work table and my back is resenting so I have I was looking more at the table configuration than at work but it is already good to place the last pipes until the time comes to assemble them that have been last lso of the actuators ...., I have not taken photos but I suppose this Late to do them and place them.

Here I bring you something more done, this is almost completed the detailed landing well of the wings, I have to do the front paw even ....
I have to paint and dirty even though that is the easiest thing to do

IMG_6487_zpsxtutyhxe.jpg

IMG_6488_zpstpikay3q.jpg

IMG_6489_zps07sbmyyo.jpg

IMG_6490_zpsnj8yzm22.jpg

IMG_6491_zps4tzuga4y.jpg

IMG_6492_zpsma6zm0bu.jpg

IMG_6493_zpsdqpeylty.jpg

The wiring of the legs of the landing gear is to be done also and the interconxion with the wing also, but it is a lesser evil what there ahead already

Mmmmmm, The 219 - this is something I know about ;)

The upper camo is definitely a base of RLM75 with an overspray of RLM76 or Green-Blue (RLM84* as some ppl call it) - there is so much variation in the RLM76 colour by this stage of the war, that at least 4 distinct variants are known of (including the Green-Blue version we see on the NASM machine).

Undersurface camouflages are also a bit mysterious - It appears a large portion (or all?) Rostock blocks 4 and 5 aircraft were rolled out of the factory with the RLM22 undersurfaces; people will cite exceptions/counter-examples to this, but these things didnt not stay pristine for long (ie: a/c suffered crashes on landing or take or, etc; so parts were salvaged and re-used, new parts were fitted, whatever they needed to do - there are at least three plain to see examples of this, if not more!)

Early Rostock A-2's with the RLM76 lower also seem to pop up quite often with right hand lower wing surface in black - these earlier one have a classic 'white outline' Balkenkruz on the black (and Black on the Grey wing), while later aircraft and repairs have just the late war solid cross (like we see on the Fw 190D and etc) in white on a black wing, and solid black on the grey side.

Rostock mottles were also very different from Schwechat mottles - the Schwechat pattern was much more feathered and wavy (also look thinner), while the Rostock pattern was significantly less feathered and denser in colour - as it evolved, it noticably changed shapes; so an early 290- will have lots of circles, later 290- will have intersecting waves, with the mid 310- series will have waves and arc's, joined by smaller curves and squiggles. The lack of clear definition of the Schwechat pattern makes these conclusions harder to apply to these machines.

Replacement parts from the factory share these idiosyncrasies, while repairs from Cheb - well, that's a whole other ball-game (ie, you may have A-0 tails on what appears to be an A-2 fuselage, with A-7 Nacelles and Fuel Systems (possibly wings). And the camo will be patched up in places)...

Then there is a number of a/c which received upgrades, and a number which received unit-level additional camo, ranging from splotches of probably RLM74 or 75 on the uppers, through to large scale applications of what maybe greens or browns.

Moral of the story really is, pick a WNr before you start. Your wing intakes will be different, antennae fit maybe different, camo pattern will be different, etc. If you have a WNr (or a tactical code) in mind, let me know... I'll look and see what I have in the Database!

D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back