<-- 1/48 heinkel He219 UHU - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Undersurface camouflages are also a bit mysterious - It appears a large portion (or all?) Rostock blocks 4 and 5 aircraft were rolled out of the factory with the RLM22 undersurfaces; people will cite exceptions/counter-examples to this, but these things didnt not stay pristine for long (ie: a/c suffered crashes on landing or take or, etc; so parts were salvaged and re-used, new parts were fitted, whatever they needed to do - there are at least three plain to see examples of this, if not more!)
D

Those two blocks comprise Werknummern in the ranges 290054-290078 and 290110-290129.
Ferguson argues that aircraft in this range that do not have RLM 22 undersides (citing 290060 and 290059) have been re-painted post factory.
Cheers
Steve

Yup - need any info on specific air frames Sergio? I am FREE for the moment and am working on Updating the Database with some newer stuff.

Those two blocks comprise Werknummern in the ranges 290054-290078 and 290110-290129.
Ferguson argues that aircraft in this range that do not have RLM 22 undersides (citing 290060 and 290059) have been re-painted post factory.
Cheers
Steve

I totally agree with Ron on that - we spoke about it at length too, and with the evidence of other a/c being repainted after rebuilds, it makes sense...

D

I personally feel both 059 (G9+BH) and 060 (no known tac code) were in Grey by the end of the war, with Black Starboard Wing under surfaces.

Nothing? No Verbandskennzeichen or Werknummer?

What use is is my epic DB and collection of images then? Oh yeah... My He 219 project and 20-something kits I have (so many decisions, as I have 91 documented a/c, of which we have images of some 83 identified a/c... plus another 20+ unidentified (but unique) a/c :( - some just don't have Vkz, or visible WNr, but are not any of the known a/c...

D

Nothing? No Verbandskennzeichen or Werknummer?

What use is is my epic DB and collection of images then? Oh yeah... My He 219 project and 20-something kits I have (so many decisions, as I have 91 documented a/c, of which we have images of some 83 identified a/c... plus another 20+ unidentified (but unique) a/c :( - some just don't have Vkz, or visible WNr, but are not any of the known a/c...

D

Zaggy, sorry for not saying anything at all this time, my time for modeling has been 0, nothing at all, so I have not been able to connect to the forum, I have put a course after work and I was only home for Sleep, now that it's over, I'll be able to go back to modeling and pick up this and other projects that I have yet to finish

The database is still here, as needed :)

D

Thank you zaggy, look I tell you I want to make this model:

Captured-Heinkel-He-219A7-3.NJG3-(D5+CL)-WNr-310189-Grove-Denmark-May-1945-02.jpg

The palne had the WNr-310189, he was captured in Grove-Denmark May-1945, Belonged to ¿¿¿¿/NJG3, I only have the plane but I have not investigated more because of the lack of time

It's one of the better documented a/c, although not it it's original scheme (from when it was captured at Grove in early 1945, as D5+CL 3./NJG3), but instead in the form of 'Air Min 22', once it arrived at Farnborough in August of 1945. It was scrapped by December 1945. The aircraft appears to have been fitted with FuG220SN-2d, Rear-observer window and Shräge-Musik, but no rear FuG220 antennae.

Aircraft is fitted with the more common, angled 'shark mouth' wing leading edge intakes.

Camouflage:

The aircraft wears the typically haphazard RLM75/RLM76 scheme, with a quite heavy RLM76 over spray, leaving the aircraft with a fairly light overall appearance. Spinners, radiator ring and flaps are also in RLM76, while blades are in RLM70; of notes is how clean the Spinners and fwd portion of the cowls are - this maybe simply a lighter form of RLM76 or suggestive of engine changes to get the a/c out of Grove and to the UK?

The overall scheme shows no noteworthy exceptions to the typical late Schwechat camouflage. The overspray of RLM76 is a slightly darker shade to the RLM76 used on the fuselage sides (it is possible the Wellenmuster is in fact in the 'green' variant of RLM76), while on the LH fwd fuselage side (possibly both), the Wellenmuster continues down to level with the lowest fuselage step.

Upon its capture and subsequent flight to England, the Balkenkruezen and unit markings were over-painted in a shade of grey slightly darker than RLM76 before the RAF Roundel replaced the Balkenkruez (in all six positions) and the RAF 'Red-White-Blue' fin flash was applied over the fin Hakenkruez.

Luftwaffe Markings:

Fuselage: 900mm B5 White, with RLM74 fill
Wing Lower: 1200mm B1b Black
Wing Upper: 900mm B6a Black
Tail: 500mm H3 Black
Werk Number: 230mm, Black - Heinkel Rounded type

200mm 'VI' radar type stencils are present on both sides of the nose of the aircraft; ladder guides are present in black; Yellow/White '87' octane triangles are present on both sides, below the rear canopy; it is presumed corresponding servicing stencils are also present, but not confirmed.

The NGJ 3 'D5' code was 120mm in height and in black, while 'CL' was 550mm in height; the 'L' was in black, while the 'C' was in RLM04 yellow. There appears to have been an RLM04 yellow 'C' on the nose, between 120-150mm in height.

Dan

Thanks you that all Dan, and the rest of the fellas for your new welcome that you have given me

Well I'm painting it like that:

IMG_6588_zpspie2v1bx.jpg

IMG_6612_zpsa6r2cfjm.jpg

IMG_6613_zpsoxugkejl.jpg

IMG_6615_zpsbkpsu3ez.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back