1/48 Hs-123 - Aircraft Nose Art GB.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

You can thank Google Translate for this mess.

Born on 31.07.1920 in Linz / Austria, Josef Menapace was at the outbreak of the Second World War still member of the RAD.
He came in November 1939 for the Air Force and was trained as a pilot, he made his first combat missions as an ensign in Greece for the 8 (S) / Lehrgeschwader 2, which moved to Russia, and in 1942 I. / Battle Squadron was renamed (SG).
Menapace, who was employed at all focal points of the southern and middle eastern front, led on 31.7.1942 as squadron commander of his 7./SG 1 600 Sortie through, as the most successful fighter planes on the aircraft type Henschel Hs 123 him the Knight's Cross was on 08/20/1942 for 650 sorties awarded in the fall of 1942 squadron commander in the newly-formed IL / SG 2, flew Menapace from September 1943, again as a squadron commander in the 1 / SG-1, after more than 700 sorties, including more than 650 on the Hs 123, the Knight's Cross was shot down south of the Pripyat enemy flak in his FW190 on 10.06.1943, where he took charge by death.

Geo

i'll get some progress shots up tomorrow when I have the other side of the cockpit a bit more done :D

Does anyone happen to have a blueprint of the Hs-123 (profile where you can see the panel demarcation lines etc)? I'll probably need to re-scribe everything once its sealed :D Unless I go super slow on the glue lol shes got raised panel lines.

Let's try this again:

henschel-hs-123-a-2.jpg
hs123_1_3v.jpg

Woooo Thank you so much Andy :D

I'll also take some pictures of the model before scribing it to make sure it matches once I compare the blueprint :D

I'll try to use the glue strategy for this one once I get the cockpit settled, Thank you again Andy :D I wanted to be sure it was the right blueprint and not some interpretation so I had to ask :D I've done many errors by google in the past :D

Alakazim Alakazoom, your wish is my command :D

*poof :D

I think it looks good, didn't really expect to get it at this stage with the parts :D :)
RSCN7900_zps1f845427.jpg

Now some work on the other side, since one side is done :D
DSCN7914_zpsba052f60.jpg

As an example for the size of the buttons, I took styrene rod and cut them down to size :)
DSCN7917_zps3d2265cf.jpg

I'll update in a bit when I finish the panel and add some paint, you can't really see anything with the all white.

Thanks all for checking in and any comments :) they are greatly appreciated :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back