1/48 La-5FN

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

T Bolt

Colonel
Mar 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
This kit has been out of production since 1991 and it's been in my stash for almost that long. Pretty simple but I've built quite a few early Hobbycraft kits and have found that they can be made into very nice finished products with a bit of effort. The only really terrible thing I've found about these early HC kits is the decals which don't stick worth a cr@p, but I've come up with a way to deal with them.
Right now I'm leaning to the third decal option shown but that could change if I pick up an after market decal sheet. I also may pick up some True Detail wheels for it as those always seem to make things look a bit more realistic.
I don't think I will be starting anything on this bird until my Heavy Hitters entry is finished.

Hobbycraft La-5.jpg
P1013548.JPG
P1013549.JPG
P1013550.JPG
P1013551.JPG
P1013552.JPG
P1013553.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. However , judging by all the parts and the drawings including the art box there, that's the La-5FN but not the La-5.
Anyway looking forward the assembling.
:thumbright: :thumbleft:

The "White 58" was of škpt.František Fajtl, the commander of the 1ČSSLP kite ...

white58_a.jpg

white58_b.jpg

white58_c.jpg

the pic source: the net ...

The La-5FN coded OP-13 profile ... her livery is dated on 1947.

op-13.jpg

the source: the net ..

Nice. However , judging by all the parts and the drawings including the art box there, that's the La-5FN but not the La-5.
Anyway looking forward the assembling.
:thumbright: :thumbleft:

The "White 58" was of škpt.František Fajtl, the commander of the 1ČSSLP kite ...

View attachment 658745
View attachment 658746
View attachment 658747
the pic source: the net ...

Thanks for the info.
What makes it a La-5FN instead of just a La-5? I'm not that familiar with Russian aircraft

Yes , Ives provided a good piont for getting them different. But not the cockpit glazing was different only. The La-5 had the "taller" fusealge behind the cockpit and different engine cowling including the different exhaust system. But the most conspicuous thing is the air intake to the carburetor at the top of the engine cowl. The La-5 had a quite short one while the La-5FN had the airduct long going from the front to the back of the engine cowling.

La-5
full.jpg

La-5FN
full.jpg

full.jpg

the pic source: the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back