1/48 Martlet MK IV - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Ok finished shots here -

7A36E3BA-FC97-474D-96D5-402115D0BB42.jpg

B4560A60-C976-44D7-BB08-A9F2E1A38C7C.jpg

734ABF11-CF57-4C59-BA1C-EAD02B0E7E7D.jpg

F77E3637-5311-44E7-AAC5-6FA5C874133B.jpg

Cheers Chris

Looking great Chris. I know it is done now but it seems that the layout of the code letters at the port side of the fuselage should be like for the one in the pic below.

Martlet FAA.jpg

Hi Wojtek, tell me about it! On Saturday night I applied them after looking at a couple of pictures that were applied in the way as I have done. Then Sunday I noticed pictures showing them the way you have pictured. Tried to pull them off but they were just getting damaged so I left them on.

If you don't use the MicroSet and Sol liquids it should be enough to use more of warm water appled on the top of the decal markings in order to make their moving with a brush easier. But as i said it was done and leaving it as it is appears a good idea.

The only problem is that each roundel is made of three decals and to top that off they have two coats of gloss and a Matt over them. Their stuck good and proper lol.
Still it's under the folded wing anyway so not so noticeable, especially when it will be on display.

If these markings are sealed with clear varnishes there is no way to correct their location. Let it be as it is.

Cheers Andy, great Hellcat that you modelled as well. Decals will be left as they are. Not visible when on display -

D50FB4AA-49AD-4053-9446-CD0FBBC396B0.jpg

Thank guys, finishing this has got me back on the modelling track. Glad I picked it back up and got it done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back