**** DONE: 1/48 Hellcat Mk. II - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Geo, it's 0.5mm card. I don't know if it's the exact amount required but it does improve the look. However, I would not go thinner than that.

Internet was down yesterday so couldn't post. I didn't get done n the weekend but got really close. Just two pics for you tonight.

Here's a pic of the finished landing gear bits showing the widened wheels finish painted and also the struts with the last bits of PE installed and also the brake line made of painted lead wire.

14020904.jpg

This overall picture shows the current state. The masking is removed from the canopy and there's some touch up of interior green required here. The antenna masts are installed on the fuselage and fin but there will be no wire going on as I assume the whip antenna (yet to be installed) replaces it. Pitot tube is also now on but needs to have the tip painted in steel.

14020905.jpg

So to finish, I need to add the nav lights and do a bit of paint touch up on the horizontal stab where I had to file off a rather ugly bit of dust that settled on the drying paint. I also think I'll add some HVARs and these will take a bit of fiddley work to clean up and paint so the finished pics are a few days out yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back