**** DONE: 1/48 Hellcat Mk. II - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Repainted the blue and stripped the masks only to find lots of blue had crept under the masks in spots. Also, the tape (yes it was Tamiya tape) stuck to the flat white like sh!t to a blanket so you'll see some glue from the tape that will need to be washed off. Obviously plenty of touch ups in my near future!

Just realized as I'm posting these pics that I forgot to peel off the mask on the vertical stab so next batch of pics will show that.

14011801.jpg

14011802.jpg

14011803.jpg

14011804.jpg

Thanks guys. The Tamiya tape in question is the 40mm wide stuff which I've found to be very different than the narrower stuff. Nonetheless, the narrow stuff stuck hard as well.

That seepage is a bit of a pain and onto the white as well, maybe the tape is a bit old Andy and though not noticeable, slightly more brittle than usual. Like T I also like that blue sheen but by the time I'd have finished such a model, my sheen would be looking somewhat worse for wear.

Never had any trouble with the tamiya tape but there's always the chance of an issue just when you don't need it....

Still good work Andy, won't be a difficult fix up for you my friend...

Thanks guys. Masked off the white areas, retouched the white, then sprayed some Future on to get sheen on the strips, and finally stripped all the tape again. Life is good. Pics when I get the decals started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back