**** DONE: 1/48 Hurricane Mk1trop - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the comments guys. Geo it's not a bad kit mate, basic, but it builds up ok without much hassle. Update for today has the top coat of what's supposed to be RAAF foliage green done. For this colour I had to make do with Tamiya IJN green from a spray can. Close enough I reckon.

Attachments

• IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_0226.JPG
    IMG_0226.JPG
    40.6 KB · Views: 99
That's looking good Andy. For a 35+ year old kit, it still makes into a nice representation of the Hurricane, and they got the offset fin right too, unlike some manufacturers.

Thanks Charles. Under sides done, brush painted. As you can see I need to do some touch up work.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.JPG
    IMG_0227.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_0229.JPG
    IMG_0229.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 137
Really starting to look the part ! Not sure about this particular aircraft, but Hurricane wheel bays, and the inside of the gear doors, were normally painted silver.

Thanks Terry. It actually is painted silver but got covered in green overspray. I didn't mask that area cause I wasn't expecting to get green in there! Will be fixed tonight though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back