**** DONE: 1/48 Hellcat Mk. II - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks everyone. Vic, Happy New Year to you too and thanks for the kind comments.

Added a few fiddley bits i the wheel wells today. Should be squirting some white for the ID bands tomorrow.

For painting this ship, I decided to use up some old Humbrol tins that I had laying around for about 30 years. Not surprisingly, when I opened the tins that I intend to use, I found that these paints are still at the same high level of quality as they were when I bought them so I proceeded to apply the white recognition bands. The left-overs in the cup were used to do one last check of the seams.

14010401.jpg

Way back in the 70s and 80s, Humbrol was the ONLY paint I would buy. After the last couple of tins? No thanks. Gimme Model Master (I keep my bottle necks and caps cleaned) or xtracolour. My next build, other than a GB, will be an RAF bird. That will get xtracolour. I like the paint with the little I have tested it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back