1/48 Martlet MK IV - Aircraft in Foreign Service WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Guy's, just checking back in. Managed after many months to get a couple of hours on this model last night. Will update the post when I have something worth photographing. Although this will not be built in the greatest of detail now it's not for the GB it will still be presentable and representative.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Terry, good to be back. Just want to get this one out of the way now and move back onto some 1/72nd bombers. Halifax and Sterling up next.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Guy's and as promised here is a quick update on this weeks progress. Feels good to be back in the sadle!

C1590755-62AA-4A6C-A161-8B3D4C8D5ACA.jpg

6A53F058-8B93-4C78-93AB-12BADDEB22C7.jpg

ED7A08D4-498F-4896-9B3A-609BAED019FC.jpg

3A6E59F1-F5D8-43BF-8329-3080A1ADE895.jpg

As you can guess i will be attaching the folded wing with a pin through the hinge that I have drilled. Not done for the "hingeability" but just because it's the cleanest way of making the join I could think of.

Cheers Chris

Looking good. I'm afraid... but you forgot about attaching of the parts of the engine cowling to the fuselage in order to make the front of the fuselage longer.

Thanks Wojtek,

No, i didn't forget I just decided that I wouldn't notice it once the model was complete and on it's diorama base with my other models. Not accurate I know but just want this one out of the way now. Time to get back on track with my builds.

Cheers Chris

Thanks Wojtek,

No, i didn't forget I just decided that I wouldn't notice it once the model was complete and on it's diorama base with my other models. Not accurate I know but just want this one out of the way now. Time to get back on track with my builds.

Cheers Chris

I understood. No problemo.

Cheers Geo, I just can't be assed to rescribe the panel lines if I was to extend it. I don't have the equipment or the patience to do it lol.

I could do with watching a tutorial me thinks. Also didn't realise you could use a
Needle , thanks.

I just chuck a sewing needle into a pin vice, use blue masking tape as a straight edge, and lightly drag the needle along the tape. Some people like to use Dynamo Label Tape as it is a little thicker.

Geo

And a couple of images borrowed from another forum.... Nacinanie linii podzia?u poszycia

Tools ...

nacinanie_linii_1.jpg

Demarcating of a panel line for engraving with tape 3M,

nacinanie_linii_3.jpg

Initial tracing... also can be done with a needle ...

nacinanie_linii_6.jpg

nacinanie_linii_7b.jpg

the efffect ...

nacinanie_linii_6a.jpg

Making panel lines with a needle ...

nacinanie_linii_7a.jpg

nacinanie_linii_8.jpg

Sanding...

nacinanie_linii_9.jpg

Cleaning...

nacinanie_linii_10.jpg

The final effect...