<-- 1/48 Mitsubishi G4M1 - Twin Engined Aircraft of WWII

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

13516599_1177725885592575_7406926378551797291_n.jpg

Wayne, not sure how much these will help, they are from the G4M3 which is a later model then yours but all I have for internal shots of a Betty bomber.

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg

I have most of that and appreciate your posting it, don't know either how much is the same, the G4M3 had an entirely different glass panelled nose so I suspect the internal arrangement is probably different by a fair degree......maybe?

Done a bit extra in the back so will post that tomorrow.

No problem Wayne and figured you did, but hoping for the best. Any idea on what bomb load you will install in her?

All the best
Paul

For the 20th Feb mission the aircraft carried 2 x 250kg Bombs, not in the kit, will grab them from one of my B5N2 kits.

The kit has a torpedo or a 12 x 60kg bomb load as standard.

According to the books that I have and I have been able to see the side gunner's windows are those of the g4m2, since it is in the part of the machine gun divided in three parts the fixed extermes and the center part that was the one that opened or that could translate With the translation program, Japanese writing is very complicated to understand for me a total disaster for the languages that almost nor is mine ....

Wayne your detail well that so I can have an example for when I take mine that being the old mold of hasegawa the interior is quite empty and I will have to detail it a lot, lol.
How nice to see these works.

But good staff paul..

According to the books that I have and I have been able to see the side gunner's windows are those of the g4m2, since it is in the part of the machine gun divided in three parts the fixed extermes and the center part that was the one that opened or that could translate With the translation program, Japanese writing is very complicated to understand for me a total disaster for the languages that almost nor is mine ....

But good staff paul..

Your right, just verified in book it is for a G4M2. The G4M1 is pretty reclusive for interior shots just like Wayne said. Hopefully some one will have some pictures on all three models.

Anything anyone can come up with...go for it!

Missed last night...so here are some more pics...

as there is some larger than normal glass panels or blisters I decided that some internal ejector pin marks had to be dealt with first and splashed some paint... then I decided extra floor was necessary behind the mid fuselage gun blisters...so done.
Then went to the main bulkhead forward of the blisters and added some detail there too....so here is a
4_Ejector Marks_4420.jpg
5_Ejector Marks_4421.jpg
6_Ejector Marks Filled_4431.jpg
7_Ejector Mark Fill_4432.jpg
8_green coat_4457.jpg
9_Rear Deck addition_4459.jpg
10_Rear Bulkhead addition_4460.jpg
spread of shots...

Very nice work Wayne - and please tell me that's corrugated plastic sheet used for the extra areas, and not hand-made !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back