1/48 Mosquito B Mk IV - Heavy Hitters II GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thank-you very much guys.

Next step in the bomb bay is to add the racks and universal bomb carriers. The former were painted bare aluminum in accordance with the instructions and glued in place in the bomb bay, promptly hiding bits of my earlier handiwork.

13062601.jpg

The tiny detail parts on the bomb carriers unfortunately had a lot of flash on them that took a few hours to properly scrape off. There were 8 of these buggers.

13062603.jpg

Two of the completed but unpainted carriers are shown here. Kudos to Revell for capturing the detail on these parts.

13062602.jpg

And finally, all were completely assembled and given a coat of black per the instructions.

13062604.jpg

Now, pictures I've seen, including the ones inside the Nanton Lancaster, show the carriers to be bare aluminum but they also look a bit different than what Revell provided so I'm thinking that perhaps these represent an earlier model of the carrier. Maybe Terry will steer me right here before I glue them in, though I do like the black which I'll go over with a dry-brushed silver to bring out the details.

Good stuff Andy. Bomb carriers were normally bare metal, but I have seen one pic, on a Halifax squadron, where some in the photo appeared to be black, with heavy wear, showing the metal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back