1/48 PBY-5 Catalina, RAAF, 11 Sqn - Jet/Recon/Transport GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I'll be ordering those then....
Btw, them things that go boooom, in the Catalina kit, with the shape of them, am I right in thinking they're depth boom-booms and not ordinary bangabangs?
Will I have to get 500's somewhere or whatever the size?

Seems like an ever expanding shopping list Jan.

I've just received some serial number decals from Ventura Publications in New Zealand, they do stuff for Aussie and NZ models in all the shades used. Most of the Aussie wartime serial numbers were very small on the Cat's.

I wonder how the armourers classified the 'boom booms' and 'banger bangers'? Maybe 'Big Boom Boom, Bl**dy big Boom Boom, F***ing Big Boom Boom' ...... etc.

Sorry for the lack 'action' lads! :oops: Work has been h*llish, particularly last week, slept almost all of Friday after then even more on to Saturday, knackered, shattered, exhausted, comes to mind!
Still fiddle a bit here and there, get extra pay this week, plus bankholiday tomorrow, so extra dough next week...
Doing bits and bobs here and there as already mentioned, what can be done, before painting, thinking of borrowing some Holeingroundus Maximus, if I can find some 500 lbs fitting in the B-24/26....

Onwards and upwaa...zzzZZzzZZZzzzz

Right, 'borrowed' 4 x 500 lbs (the smaller ones, in that kit) from my future 1/48 Polish B-24D, as it won't need them, it went MIA after supply drops over Warsaw in '44...
Anyhoo, just realized that they, the depth charges, don't come with bombracks, how the blazing saddles, am I going to attach them noisemakers!? :lol:

Oh, what colour should they be in?

jan.JPG

Geo

Users who are viewing this thread

Back