1/48 RAF Mk.IA Mustang - Allied Manufactured Aircraft

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Good stuff so far Aaron. Note that the P-51B,C and D had a wooden floor, but the Allison-engined Mustangs did not.
The 'floor' of the cockpit was the upper-surface of the wing, which displayed rivets etc, and was painted Interior Green.

I will get more done this weekend. The heat pump has been down most of the week and I've been busy trying to keep the parental units comfortable. Temps have been low with a lot of snow. Had 26" since the 17th of Feb. and some negative F temps.

Looking good so far Brooks.
I built a different boxing of that kit a year or so ago for the recon GB and one bit of advice I'll give you is to glue the nose halves to the fuselage halves before you glue the fuselage halves together. It makes getting a good joint there a lot easier.

Thank you Glenn and Hugh. I got little more done today between paying bills and resting from the week of travel and work.

Attachments

• IMG_2803 resized 25.jpg
    IMG_2803 resized 25.jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 77
Thank you Andy, Karl, Wurger and Wayne. I got the fuselage goood together this afternoon. Waiting for it to set up and then I'll get the instrument panel glued into place and put the nose on. Then it's main wing time.

Last edited:
Thank you Terry, Corey, Hugh, and Chris. I got the fuselage and the engine cowling together today. Just have one major malfunction. The camera.........................is to far back. Sooooooo, I'm gonna cut it loose, file the bottom of smooth, and move it forward about 1/8", and hope this works. Otherwise, I very pleased with the fitment on this bird.

Attachments

• IMG_2806 resize 25.jpg
    IMG_2806 resize 25.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_2804 resize 25.jpg
    IMG_2804 resize 25.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_2805 resize 25.jpg
    IMG_2805 resize 25.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2807 resize 25.jpg
    IMG_2807 resize 25.jpg