1/48 SANGER Mitsubishi Ki-67 Vac...It BEGINS!

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Are you having fun yet?

I sure am :)
But, I'm pretty happy now as I finally managed to get a coat of primer in the Ki-67.
To my surprise, all my hard work paid off, as the joins and seams are almost all gone. Fuselage looks very good in fact and my scribed pannel lines look good. I have to rescrib a few pannel linse and redo some smaller detail. But overall it looks much better then I anticipated!

Pics to foillow, ofcourse!

...QUEREMOS LAS FOTOS !!! :shock: :zombiesmile:

...WANT THE PICTURES !! ... :-\"

Hahahaha, worth the wait, .... but it run its course the show, ... =D>

A hug and well fought vs. adversity Ohm-men. :thumbup:

Saludos

SANCER

Oeps...Forgot to post the promessed pics. Sorry for the wait, here they are.
Sanger's Ki-67 primed!!!!
DSCF2809.JPG

DSCF2810.JPG

DSCF2811.JPG

DSCF2812.JPG

DSCF2813.JPG

DSCF2814.JPG

I'm pretty pleased I was able to get some sharp detail after priming. Super happy my hard work paid off!
Though, before I commence painting the Ki-67, I'm gonna do another "test" model, (See the Kawanishi N1K2 tread here)
To make sure I don't bodge up the Ki-67. It's been ages since I painted a model, so my technique is a bit rusty.
So, it will take a week or two before I'll post updates on the Ki-67 here. Though you can follow the Kawanishi tread in the meantime ;)

I share the opinion of everyone and will be following your N1K2.
The effort and time spent on this Ki-67, deserves the wait.

Seguimos en contacto!! :thumbup:

Luis Carlos
SANCER

I started with painting the underside of the Ki-67. Quiet a job. I started with pannel lines in a dark grey, next I tones these down with the base colour I made. A grey with a slight green tint (which doesn't show in the pics) After that was dones, I highlited the pannels themselves with the base colour to wich I added white. Last I sprayed over a slightly darker grey to kind of bind the different tones.
DSCF2844.JPG

DSCF2845.JPG

DSCF2846.JPG

DSCF2847.JPG

I'll probably will pick out some detail with diluted accents of brown, black and other colours. Like the pannels of the fuell tanks and around the flaps + some colour detail around the engines and wheel bay.
And start cutting some masks for the red disc. I'm still gonna try and pull this one off without the use of Decals.

I started painting the topside of the Ki-67. I made a mix that is best discribed as faded olive drabb with a small hint of brown.
There is a lit of discussion on which exact colour was used on the Ki-67. Going from dark green to light brown, some soirces state a tone very close to US. Olive Drabb. I went with the last option, by adding some brown and some white to get a faded sun worn finish.
Again, it's all in the eye of the beholder so to speak. But I'm quiet happy with the tone of green I have now.
Mind there will be some weathering, a layer of future to seal everything, etc...
The withe tail will need some modification as some paint leaked under my mask and it's not smooth enough yet.

Anyway, picture time.
DSCF2848.JPG

DSCF2849.JPG

DSCF2850.JPG

DSCF2851.JPG

DSCF2852.JPG

And one last ref. picture with an old AMT A-20 which is finished in olive drabb, just to show the different tone of the Ki-67's upper and side surfaces.
DSCF2853.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back