1/48 scale?

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi folks,

As I dislike starting new threads because it just adds to the clutter, on the topic of 1:48 scale, anyone have a wishlist? Ie: types that simply don't exist in 1:48. I'd a number for several years which I eventually found (Avro CF105 Arrow, Wellington are two that come to mind).

Sterling
Sunderland
Halifax
DH DH88 Comet
BV 141
TA 183
Yak 52

To name a few that I want, but sadly, to my knowledge..unless I drop down to the ridiculously small 1:72 scale....:p

Halifax, Hampden, Lancaster, Stirling, from Airfix of course, plus new B-17's, B-24's, B-26, A-26, B-29 would be nice too.....are you listening, Airfix or more likely Monogram and Revell... :lol:

Oh, a new Blenheim would be just lovely as well!

It's probably easier to request all, or at least most, of those kits done in 1/72nd scale, but not in 1/48th scale, to be released in the latter scale!
Plus some better examples , or at least 'newly tooled' examples of existing 1/48th scale kits.
Just 30 years ago, you could almost count on the fingers of both hands the total amount of then current kits in 1/48th scale, and now, it seems we have a huge amount of them - but it's peanuts compared to mainline 1/72nd scale offerings.
Like Jan, I'd like to see the Blenheim(s), Halifax, Stirling, Hampden, Whitley, and another Lancaster and Wellington, at realistic prices, plus a whole host of other stuff from WW2 to the 1980s -ish, to include Meteors, Hunters, Gnat, Piston Provost, FIAT G91, Hudson, Ventura, Walrus, and probably all of the stuff done so far as short-run kits, which fetch bl**dy ridiculous prices on the 'pre-owned' market - an indication of just how 'wanted' they actually are.
I do understand the economics of releasing 'immediately saleable' kits, but for ****s sake, how many Spitfires, Mustangs and Messerschmitts do we need !?!!

Nah! Other way around - start on 1/72nd, then start scratch-building and conversion, then start on 1/48th - then run out of space !!

Hi folks,

As I dislike starting new threads because it just adds to the clutter, on the topic of 1:48 scale, anyone have a wishlist? Ie: types that simply don't exist in 1:48. I'd a number for several years which I eventually found (Avro CF105 Arrow, Wellington are two that come to mind).

Sterling
Sunderland
Halifax
DH DH88 Comet
BV 141
TA 183
Yak 52

To name a few that I want, but sadly, to my knowledge..unless I drop down to the ridiculously small 1:72 scale....:p

Ta183 (Amtech and Tamiya) and BV141 (HiPM) have been released in 1/48

All my aircraft are 1/48 the smaller scales omit detail. After my B-29 in 1/48 I'd like to see either or both Convair's B-36 or Northrop's YB-35 (which I actually got to see fly when I was about 6YO and still remember very vividly)

If had my druthers, I should have built 2 and 4 engine aircraft in 1/72 but years ago, I didn't have druthers so now I have all Monograms 4 engine beasts, their Catalina, two S-3s, an AC-130 and several other two engine jobbies.

It's probably easier to request all, or at least most, of those kits done in 1/72nd scale, but not in 1/48th scale, to be released in the latter scale!
Plus some better examples , or at least 'newly tooled' examples of existing 1/48th scale kits.
Just 30 years ago, you could almost count on the fingers of both hands the total amount of then current kits in 1/48th scale, and now, it seems we have a huge amount of them - but it's peanuts compared to mainline 1/72nd scale offerings.
Like Jan, I'd like to see the Blenheim(s), Halifax, Stirling, Hampden, Whitley, and another Lancaster and Wellington, at realistic prices, plus a whole host of other stuff from WW2 to the 1980s -ish, to include Meteors, Hunters, Gnat, Piston Provost, FIAT G91, Hudson, Ventura, Walrus, and probably all of the stuff done so far as short-run kits, which fetch bl**dy ridiculous prices on the 'pre-owned' market - an indication of just how 'wanted' they actually are.
I do understand the economics of releasing 'immediately saleable' kits, but for ****s sake, how many Spitfires, Mustangs and Messerschmitts do we need !?!!

You can never have enough of Willy's wonder, the much loved, classic, beautiful and exceptional '109.
Those other two,.. not so much.
But I will not have you besmirch the 109. It is as though you had dragged the Wildcat through the mud!
And I can't believe you would!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back