1/48 Ta152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Beautiful work on the cowl area, especially the curved radiator banks!

When I was researching Black 13, I found some online discussion of White 7 but I can't seem to locate it now.

Here are some similar discussions...
Die Ta 152 H-0 weiße 7 des JG 301 | TA 152
Announcing - New Tank Ta 152H-0 HiRes skins | European Air War | SimHQ Forums
Ta 152 H-0 R11 « Weiβe 7 » – JG 301 - Stendal – AVRIL 1945

The particular thread that I remember was the artist below talking about the profile that he had created for White 7 including the triangular stencils on the starboard side of the fuse as seen in the LO+ST image. There was talk about the color of the bar.
0-Ta-152H0-9.JG301-White-7-WNr-150007-Stendal-May-1945-0A.jpg

ws_7_Oel.jpg

I stopped my research when I learned about the differences between the H-0 and H-1. The H-0 did not carry fuel tanks in the wings like the H-1 and there are some small differences, the most notable being the underside of the wings. I didn't want to make those changes so I stuck with an H-1 for my build.
1709-47.jpg

Thanks John, will need to look into that as well. Those links are all ones that I came across in my travels. The follow who did that profile also started a thread on LEMB which is also helpful. There's evidence of a faint number 7 on the rudder as well, seen in a photo taken when Peltz visited JG301 in March 1945. Can't be ascertained that it shows up on the right side and I've seen a profile with the number in yellow and one that looks like faint white. The one thread with the long discussion is in French so between my translator feature and high school French, I might glean something from it.

It's odd only the Bar was redone....time...? maybe there was already a Green 7?
I recall Erich saying that there were other aircraft that retained their III Gruppe staffel colour markings...White 1 comes to mind...

Thanks Wayne.

I must admit that, until John pointed it out, I missed the fact that the panel lines on the underside of my model are for the H-1 machine. I've already painted the RLM76 on. What to do......

As I really don't want to do yet another Green 9, I think I'll bite the bullet, rescribe the underside, and go with the more interesting White 7. The only questions now are: colour of the background in the WNr blockout (I'm guessing 83 but maybe 02), and yellow 7 vs white 7 on the rudder.

Yeah... Green 9 has been done to death. White 7 would be nice to see although the rescribing is a bit of a pain. I was considering ignoring the differences between the H-1 and H-0 and just doing White 7 without redoing the underside.

Well, here goes. The first pic is the point I got to. First blast of 76 to do a final prove-out of seams and to act as the base coat for the final finish. Over that I had started the yellow for the ID band. The only areas that will be affected are the main wing undersides unless anyone knows of some other differences I need to account for. On the underside, you can see that I applied 2 thick passes of Tamiya surface primer over the panel lines that will be eliminated on the underside. The next step will be to sand down these areas to a smooth finish before rescribing.

16052601.jpg
16052602.jpg

Thanks guys. Last night I primed the area and discovered that one of the panel lines I had not filled completely needs to be moved so a bit more filling and sanding is needed before I rescribe.

It's going to be a busy week with other things going on and a visitor to entertain Friday and Saturday so there s no way this one will be done for the 12th. Will keep plugging when I can.

It'll be worth the extra effort... this is a great build so far!

Thanks John

The extra bit of panel line elimination and repriming is now done. I played with the contrast settings so you can see the remaining panels better, not to mention every tiny bit of splatter too! Not to worry as it will all be polished up after the new lines are scribed on. Not sure when I'll get to that - possibly Thursday.

16060601.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back