1/48 Ta152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all.

This is the part of modelling that usually bogs me down. After an initial putty/Cutex attempt, followed by a squirt of primer, I took the below pic. The green check marks show acceptable seams. The outer two represent the fairing lines and the middle one is the hinge for the cannon access panel. The red X seam runs through the access panel and needs to be eliminated. Pain in the a$$.

16051901.jpg

In an act of avoidance, I worked on the landing gear parts and the spinner. All are shown below with initial paints applied, no weathering.

16051902.jpg

Thanks for looking in.

It hasn't healed itself yet so I guess I will need to do something about it

Other stuff getting in the way so no bench time since we last spoke. Won't be done before the deadline

I had a similar seam to deal with on my Dora. Milliput sculpted with water might make the work a little easier.

Some progress here. First off, I've finished off the landing gear between attempts at cleaning the seam on the gun access panel. Pics of the Ta152 showed a brake line emerging from the hub, suggesting twin drums. This was not the case on FW190s so I had to do a bit of digging to confirm. I was able to find a reference drawing confirming that the incoming line split into two so that's what I replicated here.

16052301.jpg

Now I show the current state of the trough repairs. The photos are kind and don't show the imperfections that I still need to deal with, especially on the starboard side. The problem is that not only was the seam visible but there was also a step that I'm trying to eliminate without damaging the hinge. I may yet give in and remove the hinges and replace them with sprue when I'm happy with the look.

16052302.jpg
16052303.jpg

It's looking good though Andy.
If you loose the hinge, then the sprue idea should work well. It can be 'worked' if softened slightly with liquid cement, and the 'piano hinge' marks set-in using the tip of a new scalpel blade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back