1/48 Ta152H - Allied Advance and Defense of the Reich WWII. (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks all. Still plugging away at the same area and I've now damaged the hinge enough on the starboard wing to require a sprue replacement. Pics when I'm finally satisfied with this.

Went golfing this morning and had to quit after 11 holes as my back was getting really sore. So Plan B was to work on the Tank and i got a fair bit done, including the finish (finally!) of the nasty seam on the gun access cover. I'm now satisfied that this will not get any better than it now is so onward and upward....Here's how these look now:

The port side was completed and I managed to not damage the molded hinge. A PE flange was added behind the access panel per the instructions.

16052608.jpg

On the other side, this one took a lot more work as, in addition to having to fill the seam, I had to get rid of a step between the wing root fairing and the upper surface of the wing at the seam. In doing so, I pretty much obliterated the molded hinge so I replaced it with a length of stretched sprue.

16052607.jpg

So, now that that mess was behind me, I got on with the nose section. The Dragon kit provides a pretty basic nose cowl that does nothing to represent the unique radiator set up in this aircraft so, being the sucker I am for details, I set about making the cylindrical radiator sections from scratch. This was relatively simple. I started with a 5 mm wide strip of styrene sheet and cut some lines in with a blade and straight edge. I then cut 4 sections and rolled them into a circular form.

16052601.jpg

The 4 sections were then CA glued in place.

16052602.jpg

On the opposite side, I drilled some holes to receive some pieces of stretched sprue to represent the cowl flap actuators.

16052603.jpg
16052604.jpg

These were then carefully snipped to length by checking against the nose section and then both parts were painted RLM 02 and a dark aluminum over the rad sections.

16052605.jpg

The nose section was then glued on and a final check of the actuators shows a good fit. Actually, I just noticed that I must have broke one so I'll need to replace it.

16052606.jpg

That's it for now guys. I'm now suddenly at the point when I can start laying some paint down so will have to decide on a final scheme now. It's down to White 7 or Green 4 and a coin flip may decide it.

Nice....that's some pretty slick measuring with the actuators. I can imagine the back pain. I haven't golfed seriously since '08. Going from 100 or so rounds per year prior to only a handful since then, I'd probably have to crawl off after 9. I'd probably destroy my handicap as well. Hoping it's a quick heal.

11 holes - I wouldn't even make it to the first tee !
Very nice work on the hinges and the rad and cowl actuators Andy - must have been a bit tricky getting the actuator rods all the right length.

Thanks all. Terry, I just used an old pair of nail scissors and clipped just a tiny bit at a time. Fortunately they are all the same length so once I got one right, it was a matter of using the MkI eyeball on all the rest.

Good stuff. I use nail clippers to do similar jobs, but sometimes the clippers mask the view, so, like you, I clip a bit at a time, and hope my Mk1 eyeballs are accurate !

Looking for a bit of help here. Leaning toward doing White 7. John, you posted this pic in your Ta152 thread:

533381161aba5f4dad919c4e209807d9.jpg

I have also find the same image, much smaller but not as cropped.

download.jpg

Does anyone have a clear image of the Ta152 behind the 190A in the foreground? I believe it's White 7 based on the research I've done and I understand it's from the book "LO+ST".

One thing I'm not getting is the colour of the horizontal bar. The more popularly modeled Green 4 and Green 9 are both with the Stab of JG301 and thus carry the green bar. White 7 would seem to indicate a 9 Staffel aircraft but the bar that is painted across the red and yellow ID band is neither ref nor yellow and is depicted green in published profiles, which would be the Stab colour. Can anyone enlighten me?

Last edited:
Here is enlarged part of the pic above. I would say the bar can be noticed on the red band barely. If it would be of the yellow it was of more lighter grey shade. In my opinion the green colour is more likely that the blue one.

ta152h greenbar1.jpg

ta152h greenbar.jpg

And here is a clipped profile with the Green9 .. turned into the B&W shot for comparing.

Willi Reschke1.jpg

Willi Reschke2.jpg

And here is the same B&W shot but I have replaced the grey bar ( of the light blue in origin ) with a bar of the grey shade picked up from the digit 9. What do you think?

Willi Reschke3.jpg

Last edited:
The image is from LO+ST and it is White 7 Andy, the W.Nr. is 0007 it's an H-0 aircraft.

The Bar should be Green, previously yellow, as the Ta's all finished up in the Stab Schwarm.

Thanks Wojtek and Wayne. I'm wondering why they did not paint the 7 in green like on other Stab aircraft. Maybe at that late stage they ran out of time, material, or will.

Maybe there wasn't the need or just like you mentioned the lack of time, will....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back