1/48 Tamiya F4U Corsair

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

F-104nut

Staff Sergeant
Dec 14, 2011
Wichita,Kansas USA
Well here is my winter project . The seat is from the verlinden resin Corsair set. I used the waldron punch set for the instrument panel decals . Not quite sure yet what markings she will be in .
025-7.jpg

024-7.jpg

023-8.jpg

021-5.jpg

Cheers Brian(F-104nut)

A timely build mate. The Tamiya kit with the tow motor is my build for the Fav GB in Livermore NAS markings.
You've got a great pilots office there!!!!!!

Nice work so far. I've been looking at a Waldron punch set, but frightened off by the price!
Just ordered a small punch set, from 2mm up to 10mm, at a miniscule fraction of the price, which I hope will cover most needs.

Them punches are frightfully expensive. But having worked in a machine shop. The cost of the hardened pins in Exact sizes, and the dilling and reaming the holes to Exact size, I can understand the pricing. We does what we can.

Brian,

Awesome start. I am just starting this kit as well. My first Airplane kit build since returning to the hobby. I have been building armour for the last 2 years. I should perhaps post my progress as well.
Interesting choice of black instead of zinc chromate green for the cockpit side panels. I was thinking of doing this as well but I think I will stay with the green on my build. I never knew until doing my research that the side cockpit side panels were also painted in black.

Cheers,
David.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back