1/48th scale Wessex HAR.2, 22 (SAR) Sqn, RAF Valley, 1990.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks for the kind words chaps. Got a little bit more done, mainly test-fitting the modified kit parts and scratched items, but no pics yet. Should have something to show fairly soon.

Thanks awfully chaps!
I've now got most of the relatively complex cutting and shutting done on the cabin and cockpit parts, and now just about to start on some internal detail, including the cabin wiring and warm air ducting, the tubular-framed seats, and the cockpit seats and detail.
I'll post some pics of the work to date later today.

Thanks very much David.
This is what's been done so far, with the front and rear bulkheads painted and installed, the front bulkhead having been moved forward, and the work on the cockpit section.
PIC 1. The rear bulkhead painted and installed. The gap on the upper extension will be rectified once fitted into the fuselage, and is intended to allow a little movement for more accurate alignment. The bare patch is the location point for the tail rotor shaft tunnel. Note that the floor is a yet unpainted, and this will be done once the seats have been made and partly installed.
PIC 2. Basic frame work added to the cockpit area, and a forward door frame.
PICS 3 and 4. The heavily modified cockpit bulkhead and floor, with the cross-member and main rotor shaft housing added. The latter is the basic shape, and has yet to be boxed in and clad with 'quilted padding', again made from pressed foil. The seats were suspended over open areas, which allowed access to the cabin below, by folding the seat upwards.
PIC 5. The instruction sheet drawing showing how the internal parts would have fitted, if built 'from the box'.
PIC 6. With the parts loosely positioned, this shows the difference in layout, with the cabin bulkhead further forward, and the cockpit overhanging the cabin.
Next step is to detail the cabin and cockpit, and scratch-build the cabin seats and cockpit folding seats.
Thanks again for your interest and compliments, and I'll post another up-date probably over the weekend.

Attachments

• Wessex Build 050.jpg
    Wessex Build 050.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Wessex Build 057.jpg
    Wessex Build 057.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 87
  • Wessex Build 054.jpg
    Wessex Build 054.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 85
  • Wessex Build 056.jpg
    Wessex Build 056.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 90
  • Wessex Build 060.jpg
    Wessex Build 060.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Wessex Build 059.jpg
    Wessex Build 059.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 87
Thanks Wayne and Karl. I hope to get some more done over the weekend, in between applying loads of decals on the Tornado. Nowt else to do in this awful weather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back