1/700 IJN Kaga and Akagi (Pre WWII) - Unofficial GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

51_Extra Decals & Main Guns_3309.jpg
52_Kaga Deck markings_3328.jpg

Further bit done, extra cross wise markings on the flight deck and a Red warning stripe along the rear of the deck.B/w images show a dark stripe which seems to match the Hinomaru markings on the aircraft, this would be logical as a warning to show the edge of the flight deck to landing aircraft.

Last edited by a moderator:
original third pic, it is 2Mb. this is also showing the wrong aspect on the forum from as it was taken, it should be 90 degrees anticlockwise.

Attachments

• P1313216.JPG
    P1313216.JPG
    678.7 KB · Views: 63
Both the original pic and the resized shot are of the same orientation my friend. Judging by this it seems that you resized the image with cropping only. How is the large pic displayed like on your computer screen and the camera one?

Both the original pic and the resized shot are of the same orientation my friend. Judging by this it seems that you resized the image with cropping only. How is the large pic displayed like on your computer screen and the camera one?

Yes, that is true, both should be the same.
Ok I just put the SD card back in my camera to check the orientation and it's showing as posted, aircraft vertical! but when inserted in my PC to view its showing the aircraft horizontal to the left, which is how i took the shot and this is how I cropped and resized the shot and saved it to post.

I think it should be clear for you now. The original pic was saved by your camera as the vertical shot.. Your PC Windows and MsO 2010 can adjust the pic orientation of displaying automatically. As the result you can see the shot displayed horizontally. Working with the MsOffice soft you are sure about the horizontal orientation of the image while it is seemingly only. Then you crop the pic and save being sure about its correct orientation.But it isn't of the proper one. If you don't believe me still you may use the Irfanview for opening the image and checking on its orientation. Then rotate it and save again with the pic browser. All should be fine then.

When I put the SD card into my PC and open the pics they show the horizontal view of the pic with no indication of orientation, but appear as I took them on the monitor, if the pic was vertical I would rotate it and save it....really weird...?
May look at that irfanview thing to check if i don't figure out why I am getting variations in the orientation, it hasn't been a problem before.

Thanks for your help my friend, I appreciate it.

My pleasure Pal.
I would say that the problem could be caused by settings either of the camera or the Win/Mso. It is possible the soft ignores the origin orientation of the pic because it sets the one of the first pic as the default for all images on the SD card. Or it is set as the default one basically.

BTW.. have you rotated the pic with your camera and then saved it with the device again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back