1/72 Airfix P-38

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

72ndPatrick

Recruit
May 8, 2009
Before i start i would like to say how great this website is. I am new to this forum and new to model planes. I will be attemping to make the P-38 1/72 scale.

I will start progress tonight. Wish me luck.

Patrick

Thanks I could always use luck!

On with the build. I started with the seat. I decided i won't be using the person and started making some seatbelts from masking tape. It's still rough and need work but it shows what i am going for.

I started filling in all the sink holes to get a good finish.

And finally the dash. I started to cut into it and made some rudder pedals. Its not perfect but i hope it will look good when its done.

Thats all for today.

Patrick

Great start! You might be new to model aircraft, but I'm guessing you must have some modelling experience? If not, then bl**dy well done mate!!

Welcome to the site, Patrick. Keep the pic's coming. BTW, what is the
coin ?? A Canadian penny ???

That is indeed a Canadian penny. 1/100th of a loonie and a coin that costs more to make than it is worth.

Great start on the Lightning! Looks like you're into details!

Thanks everyone for the welcome and all the coments.

Little more work done today. I built the control column. It still needs some filling and cleaning.

Thats all i got done today. Ill try to get some more work done on it. Just got to finish that dang history homework.

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread