1/72 LANCASTER B.III (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Thanks again, Terry. Done and done....

002.JPG

...it fits on one side or the other so I left it in the middle. Starting to glue the innards to the left fuselage half.

Geo

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Had a heck of a time getting the fuselage together from the cockpit forward. I ground, cut, filed and sanded and I couldn't solve the problem. I've removed plastic from the front of the bomb bay forward and it's finally together....just.

001.JPG

The next step is to box in the wheel wells but that will be next week.

Geo

Much obliged. Front fuselage is still together so I'm optimistic and will avoid handling here. Time to kill before the camp bus so I thought I would tackle the wheel well parts, 4 per side. I figured if I glued them in one piece at a time, the spars wouldn't spread enough to get the last piece in so I tried to dry mount them all in and then glue......that was a lot of fun. Solution, glue them to the back spar first and then to the front. The right side only to a few minutes using this method.

001.JPG

The color callouts for the wheel wells struck me as odd as I thought everything was Interior Green. Using the Humbrol system, 33 is Black and 78 is Interior Green.....

002.JPG

...I'll be investigating this later. Also note how Airfix would have you install the wings. This method requires glue in 5 different locations. A nightmare getting things lined up and set perhaps but I don't think gluing the wings together and sliding them over the spars is an option due to the rear part of the wheel well. I'll give it a try when I get home. That's it for now, have a good week gentlemen.

Geo

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back