1/72 Me 262 Twin Stormbird Build

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Looks really good there Dirk.I have done that sceme by hand before myself in that scale while tedious it's the only way.Now I did a Japanese bomber in 1/72 with a similiar pattern that once you start you cannot quite.The reason for me at least was that your mood changes from each sitting and so goes the squiggles.keep up the good work. Cheers Kevin

Thanks everyone for the kind words and the support. As it is I can only do a little bit at a time before I start making mistakes. No big deal, there is no deadline for this one.

Nice pictures harrison. What book are they from?

I also have the actual photo of the airplane in the profile I posted. I know you are doing "10" but, it may help. Will post tomorrow of at like 4 oclock this morning

Suh-weeet Me-262s. Suh-weet camo pattern. How do you do it? What paint to thinner ratio and what air pressure? How close are you to the model? C'mon, details, man!!

Suh-weeet Me-262s. Suh-weet camo pattern. How do you do it? What paint to thinner ratio and what air pressure? How close are you to the model? C'mon, details, man!!

Thanks for the intrest in my project plheure. The splinter pattern on the wings and fuselage were done with a Badger 175 at around 10 to 15 psi. The paint thinner mixture was about 3:1. The camo on the fuselage was all done by hand.

The bottom was finished off with RLM22.

Finishing off the Junkers Jumo engines

Dry fitting the components together

Moving on to the front wheel well. For this I decided to go withthe PE part rather than the kit part.

More to come

Dirk looking real good! it's only a thought but I think on mine I sprayed over the fuse with 76 real lightly to blend it back in again just a thought.Cheers Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread