1/72 Merlin's Magic around the pylon.

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

N4521U

Colonel
Nov 1, 2009
Miranda, NSW
Reno around the pylon!
I finished my Little MM the other day.
Just for meownself and my cabinet.
Canopy is painted because the depiction is more important in this little one.
Besides the cockpit is too bloody fiddely at this scale.

Attachments

• 1-72MM 1.jpg
    1-72MM 1.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 1-72MM 2.jpg
    1-72MM 2.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 153
Great model. Used to go to Reno for the races. Some years it was hot as hell and other years froze my a$$ off. The only warning I offer to anyone attending is this [provided things are the same], eat a LARGE breakfast as there was or is no sign of the race site being molested by food.

I'm going to add "Somethin Else", John Crockers mustang to this, on it's own stand on MM's six.

Only a few underconstruction pics. This is to start the highly modified cockpit. I put a piece of styrene sheet to start the fill. Then added Green Putty to contour the fusey. I'll add more atop, or maybe sculpt in clay, make a mold and cast the canopy section. The glass will just be painted black, no clear.

I clipped the wings. They were flat but at an angle, not straight up and down. When I finished lettering the plane I did a lot of extra shading of the name and numbers and asked for a few dollars more. They told me to bugger off, they hadn't agreed to more, so I painted my name on the Port wing tip!

I'll put up the finished plane when it is done. But this is my approach to doing the mods.
The third picture is at the races after I lettered the tail and shaded some of the other lettering.

Attachments

• 1-72SE 1.jpg
    1-72SE 1.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 128
  • 1-72SE 2.jpg
    1-72SE 2.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 124
  • 1-72SE 3.jpg
    1-72SE 3.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 125
Nice Bill!! Now as I was looking at the pic in post#6 I read RENO and start to scroll down and see "give me bacon" and I go what the heck and scrolled back thinking they do "give me bacon"? Then realize I am such a goof sometimes :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back