1/72 PZL P-11c - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Cheers guys!

Still no pics. Ivett's photocopying scale plans for me today to see just how much I've got to chop and change.

Plan so far is to strip a Mastercraft PZL P.7a for various components, combined with the forward fuselage, u/c legs and possibly tail from an otherwise inaccurate Siedlice P-11c.
Engine will probably be an ex-MPM Wellington Mk.I item.
Remaining parts from the P-7a will later be cross kitted with the chopped P-11c parts to make a PZL P-11a that was flown to Hungary during the occupation of Poland, and later used by the Hungarian Air Force (hows that for economical? :) )

Karl, forgot to mention earlier: if you want to do the same bird, go for it!

Evan,

Here you are a few shots of my screwed up P-11c that show corrections we were talking about.

General view...

p11c.jpg

The cockpit area with an interior made from scratch... notice these handles in front of the cockpit holes, the Venturi tube on the starboard side of the fuselage and the gunsight system.....

p11c_.jpg

p11c_a.jpg

The front of the fuselage was sanded down and a new bulkhead added.... the new Pitot tube can be noticed in the third picture....

p11c_a1.jpg

p11c_a2.jpg

p11c_a3.jpg

I engraved the hatch of the internal fuel tank and added its locker. ALso I replaced the main landing gear wires for absorbers with thinner parts made of hot stretched pieces of the kit sprue frame....

p11c_b.jpg

p11c_b1.jpg

A new tailskid .... and also notice these white spots. These are new places for attaching of stabilizer struts ....

p11c_d3.jpg

p11c_d1.jpg

p11c_d.jpg

p11c_d4.jpg

The panel line of the leading edge was re-traced and the aileron got its correct length. Noticed the new drop-shaped shell casing ejector....

p11c_e1.jpg

p11c_e.jpg

p11c_e2.jpg

The engine cowling and the engine attached inside. I have added pushrods , reshaped prop blades, engraved two new panel lines and added the square bulge at the bottom of the engine cowling....

p11c_engin1.jpg

p11c_engin1a.jpg

p11c_engin1b.jpg

p11c_engin1c.jpg

And added two small lockers for the engine cowling at the starboard....

p11c_lockers.jpg

p11c_lockers1.jpg

Last edited:
Unfortunately that's not mine Bob! :)

Wojtku - dzieki my dear friend... more proof of why you are 'the Master'! Great work.

Here is my own effort to date - first cuts made. (Plans thanks to Master Wojtek)

STA50601.JPG

STA50602.JPG

STA50610.JPG

STA50633.JPG

Thank you Evan. :)

This is a butchery... :lol: An interesting attempt my friend. However the cut of the fuselage at the area might cause a problem with the engine and its cowling attaching. The longer fusealge means that you will have to make it shorther at the front area more than I have had to do that. However the wing should be moved forward at about 1-1,5mm if its strut pins have to get the correct locations.

Simply great... :cool:

Dzieki my friend!

Yep, the position of the strut mounts and vents behind the engine are the reason for the forward fueslage cut.
The nose has to be rounded at the front anyway , and built up with putty a little between the indercarriage struts too, so it's a bit of job whichever way I tackle it.

Last edited:
Cheers guys!

Edit: added some pics for Wojtek - this is the version of the Siedlce PZL P-11c I have (one of the parts donors for this build). Stand is printed "Ruch", though the kit itself may or may not be of Ruch origin.

Measuring up plastic tubes last night for the slight fueslage extension.
Possibly not the best method chopping the nose as I did, but I do like the idea of being able to scratchbuild the cockpit and work the nose corrections seperately, mating them up prior to wing assembly.

STA50652.JPG

STA50653.JPG

Last edited:
Edit: added some pics for Wojtek - this is the version of the Siedlce PZL P-11c I have (one of the parts donors for this build). Stand is printed "Ruch", though the kit itself may or may not be of Ruch origin.

Thank you Evan. :)
Oh boy... this is the early kit offered both ZTS Plastyk and PZW Siedlce. But in fact it is a reboxed very old kit of the Ruch. Below there are two images of the original kit, both artbox and sprue of the kit. The early kit has nothing in common with the later and current one offered by ZTS Plastik, Mastercraft, RPM and PZW Siedlce.

6fca5aec1ce14cf7.jpg

363350e79ea295d2.jpg

Cheers guys!

Yep, that's the one Wojtku!
Had started making mine earlier this year, purely OOB due to the inaccuracies, as a test frame for the airbrush. Might finish her with the GB project, using left over parts.

Build progress:
Tail and tailplane mount inserts added, form is much better. Small rudder extensions to go still, then filling, cleaning-up and detailing.

STA50674.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back