1/72 De Havilland DH2 – From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
user name ; woljags
first name ; bob
category; beginner
scale; 1/72nd
manufacturer; Revell
extras;some extra scatch built parts will be needed for extra detailing

this is another of my rare original kits made by revell in 1965

built to counter the fokker monoplane during 1915-16 the DH2 soon proved itself as more than a match for the german aircraft,they were the 1st single seat scout aircraft used and built by the british with its 1st squadron ever to be formed no .24 in 1916,by 1917 the fokkers had been chased off but by 1918 it had been withdrawn from 1st line dutys and was used for training and other purposes at home.The model is going to be based on a late war /post war example based in Turnbury in Scotland in 1918.They were powered by a 100hp Gnome Monosoupape engine with a top speed of 90 mph.

pics to follow shortly,thanks for looking

Last edited by a moderator:
bob9373.jpg

bob9376.jpg

bob9379.jpg

i will be starting this one tonight,hope you like it

Nice one Bob. I remember building this, along with the other Revell WW1 kits, back in the mid 1960s. It was a beaut of a little kit, and for the time, well detailed and nicely moulded.

not only is this going to be a rigging challenge its going to be tricky to build as the parts are so small and fragile plus it will all need to al line properly,thanks Terry very kind for such an old kit it is detailed although not much on the inside

Check out the wingnut wings web site, there are instructions on there that have detail pictures of the cockpit. They have a kit set called "The Dualists" that includes a DH-2

Ah, the DH.2. Mistakenly ordered one from Squadron(There was no picture and I thought I had ordered a Beaver). Great shock when I saw a thing with two wings. Wish you well with the rigging Bob.

Geo

I'm giggling at the thought of Geo, excitedly opening his package, expecting to find a nice kit of a rugged bush 'plane, only to find a spindly, back-to-front biplane!!
Classic!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back