1/72 Vickers Virginia x - From WW1 to WW2 GB (1 Viewer)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

woljags

Staff Sergeant
Dec 28, 2010
maidenhead uk
username woljags
first name Bob
scale 1/72nd
manufacturer contrail
extras,this is a basic vac form kit so i will need to build a major part of her by scratch
class ; beginner
this kit has been sitting in my collection for approx 40 years,the plans are missing so i will need to use the internet to get any details,i plan to build her as k2650 of 502 sq

Vickers Virginia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
bob7344.jpg

bob7343.jpg

bob7345.jpg

bob7347.jpg

bob7348.jpg

as you can see not much of it but i'm looking forward to building up from nothing

hope you all like it

Two things here... I've never seen a vac-u-form model, and I've never heard of the Vicker's Virginia. Must have been named after the designer's mother.
I'll be watching this one closely.

Charles

cheers chaps,the Virginia was a larger cousin of the Vimy,they also built the Victoria and Valentia bomber/transports using the same wings but with a different body and engines,the Valentia gun ship was a kind of earlier idea later used by the B17 as a heavly armed bomber that few in close formation for protection

This will be a very interesting build, I've done a couple of vacform before one with rigging. Going to really enjoy watching this one come alive.

My reaction bazackly, YIKES......
I did see a Vickers Vimmie, flew overhead when I lived in California. I was in Marin and heard this racket in the sky. The replica was built somewhere near Marin County. Big and S L O W.

Will be watching with interest.

bob7349.jpg

bob7350.jpg

progress is always quite slow at the start of a vac form with all the cutting out/ sanding and filling but progress after 2 evenings work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back