**** DONE: 1/33 Vickers Vimy - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

deckape

Staff Sergeant
Jul 26, 2011
Moraine Ohio U.S.A.
Ahoy
Okay Fellas time for another build I cant get started on the Hercules I have no more backing board for the formers the kit has alot of formers and there isn,t enouight for the Herky bird I will have to pick some up tomorrow this build is calling on me looks again to be a fast build. another card kit from Model Karetonwy with all yellow its a Beautifull plane and i have never seen one modeled before..One thing on the kit there is no markings so I am pretty well in the dark if any of you great bunch of guys have any ifo on the markings on this aircraft wearing the yellow paint schedule i am very honored I can place some decals on the build so it represents that typical aircraft. when i get this done I promise to build the herky bird for you fellows.

Boats:D:D:D:D

Username - Deckape
Name - Boats
Catagory - Intermediate
Kit - Model Kartonowy
Accessories - None

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 195
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    36.1 KB · Views: 183
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 179
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    30.2 KB · Views: 181
Last edited by a moderator:
I was in Marin County at the Renaisance Faire one year, long ago, and the replica flew right overhead. Sounded like it was using Rotax engines. You sure picked a good one this time.

Gonna do all the rigging too Boats? Not as much as your HMS Victory so should be a piece of cake!

Ahoy Fellows
Okay Fellas I am game sounds wonderfull to me how do I get registered to the group build I forgot and under what catagory, that will give me time to fire up the Herky Bird.

Boats

I can move the thread to the GB section if you decide to enter. All you need to do is to edit your first post here and attach all info required for a GB project. Please have a look at a few threads in the GB section in order to get how a such header looks like. I'll edit the title of the thread then. And that will be all.

I can move the thread to the GB section if you decide to enter. All you need to do is to edit your first post here and attach all info required for a GB project. Please have a look at a few threads in the GB section in order to get how a such header looks like. I'll edit the title of the thread then. And that will be all.

Ahoy Wojtek
go ahead that will be fine with me that would make a great addition to the group thread wojtek you have my stamp of approval

Boats

OK. I'll do that. But you have to edit the first post here firstly and add all required info

Ahoy Wojtek
There you go Dear Friend

Thanks Boats

Ahoy

The Build has begun

Okay fellas as you can see is the beginni9ng of the build starting with the Fuselage is very straight forward as most card kits are asseembled even like that in plastics.. there are 5 formers and 5 skind complete the basic fuselage structure, the co0ckpit it very sparse only 5 parts it needs attention to detail I will add them on the next update the kit gives you enough that there is something there but not much in the modlers point of viewe.. It feels good to build a Polish designed card kit the Neptune by cfm is strickly on the cobb I wont build anymore of their kits.. I been doing a little research on the web about this aircraft being all yellow in color with no markings from what I have gathered its is some type of record flight airctrafdt like that of Charles Lindberghs spirit of st. louis, but never acheived the success as lucky lindy. Here is the update for now I will post another update today thank you fellas for letting me in on the group build...

Boats:D:D:D:D

Attachments

• PICT0001.JPG
    PICT0001.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 165
  • PICT0002.JPG
    PICT0002.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 182
  • PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    47.9 KB · Views: 191
  • PICT0004.JPG