**** DONE: 1/12 Art Chester Racer - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

The fuselage, with tail asss'y and landing gear, is finished !! Just finished putting the nose decals on, in the proper place (see the plans). Hope to paint the underside of the wings Flat White this afternoon, and maybe this evening put the yellow on. After that all dries, it will be time to attach the wings.

Thanks for lookin'

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0168.JPG
    DSCN0168.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN0169.JPG
    DSCN0169.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 73
Thanks, Chris.... appreciate the kind words. I love to build balsa/tissue models, but I hate to paint them !

Took Glenn's advice and painted the undersides of the Racer's wing's Flat White. Got three good coats on them before the air brush started to act up. My guess is it didn't like the 42 degrees F in the garage. Tomorrow the wings will get the Blue Angel's Yellow. Also made and painted the wing support struts.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0170.JPG
    DSCN0170.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 116
The wings of the Racer are once again Blue Angel's Yellow. After they dry good, probably tomorrow, I will attach them to the fuselage.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0174.JPG
    DSCN0174.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 63
*nods Very cool :)

Is the fabric for the Balsa model similar to RC (I used to do RC a lot and I used to drape my glider in something similar :D)

*nods Very cool :)

Is the fabric for the Balsa model similar to RC (I used to do RC a lot and I used to drape my glider in something similar :D)

Possibly.... Some of the newer modellers have gone to a film, for covering, that's applied with a small heated iron. I prefer the old
tissue (also called silkspan).

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back