**** DONE: 1/12 Art Chester Racer - From WW1 to WW2 GB

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Hi Lads: Got two coats of the Willow Green on the Racer this morning. The green covers well, and I do not believe a third coat will be necessary. After it dries good I will paint the nose-block, the wheels and the cockpit interior Gloss Black. Note to Vic... forget the instrument panel.

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0139.JPG
    DSCN0139.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 71
  • DSCN0140.JPG
    DSCN0140.JPG
    80.2 KB · Views: 69
  • DSCN0141.JPG
    DSCN0141.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 73
Put the do-it-yourself decals on the fuselage, today. Race number, engine louvers and radiator intakes. Wheels are painted and installed and the prop is too. The yellow paint was thinned 50/50 for spraying and it won't cover the nose-block too well. Will pick up another bottle of Blue Angel's Yellow at the LHS and do the nose right. Will do the wings tomorrow.

Thanks for checking in...

Charles

Attachments

• DSCN0144.JPG
    DSCN0144.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0145.JPG
    DSCN0145.JPG
    113.1 KB · Views: 93
  • DSCN0146.JPG
    DSCN0146.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 82
But what about these yellow strips on the fuselage? Are you going to paint them?

I have re-thought this..... there will be stripes. I am painting them as we speak. Pic's tomorrow !

Just finished putting the N-number and the race number on the wings, too. If all goes well, the wings will go on tomorrow.

Charles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back