1/72 Revell He 177 A-5

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

Second, look closely at the pic you posted, and note the high contrast, and burned-out highlights and shadows (part original negative, part x-times reproduction); the colour scheme and pattern are the same as the pics I posted.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that I think you're right, and that this is probably the right RLM 76/75 scheme I'm looking for.

Thank you for your time and advices!

Looking good sofar! I yesterday decided I would take this kit our of the stash as well. I did order a set of vac-form clearparts because on all buildreports I've seen the clearparts are mentioned is being only so-so, not only in terms of fit, but they are also rather rough on the surface. So much so that none of the beautiful details on the inside of the cockpit can be seen (not even with a couple of future coats on)

Looking good sofar! I yesterday decided I would take this kit our of the stash as well. I did order a set of vac-form clearparts because on all buildreports I've seen the clearparts are mentioned is being only so-so, not only in terms of fit, but they are also rather rough on the surface. So much so that none of the beautiful details on the inside of the cockpit can be seen (not even with a couple of future coats on)

Good decision! The only real minus on this model are the clear parts!

Finally I got the colors I ordered, so I could continue with my work. Although we discussed that this probably wasn't the color scheme used by II./KG40, I decided to do the paint job as it is instructed by Revell. I did it because this is the first time to paint the camouflage pattern using the free hand airbrush technique, and this is how it turned out...

20110804100029.jpg

20110804100045.jpg

20110804100036.jpg

20110804100053.jpg

If I remember correctly I think my parents bought me the Airfix model of this aircraft in the 1970's, caused me endless frustration trying to build it; much the same as the real thing did for the Luftwaffe.

If Heinkel had started the He277 earlier maybe things could have been different?

FINISHED! Finally I finished this model, that was everything but an easy built. Decals were awful. They wouldn't stick or blend but they gave a term silvering a whole new meaning. The irony is that there is a sign on the box "Super fine decals!" as an advertise. Finally I made them work by using 90% alcohol! After that I put on some ink wash, rise panel and blend decals with pastels, some modest weathering and here are the results...

p8130215z.jpg

p8130214.jpg

p8130212.jpg

p8130213o.jpg

p8130202.jpg

p8130217.jpg

p8130216i.jpg

p8130210.jpg

p8130209.jpg

p8130205.jpg

p8130203.jpg

p8130207.jpg

I like the mottle you did! Excellent work. Not unlike the scheme I have in mind for my HE-117. I wanna do an 'Operation Steinbock' one though with black under surfaces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back