13's.... (2 Viewers)

Ad: This forum contains affiliate links to products on Amazon and eBay. More information in Terms and rules

I think Hasegawa has or had a 1/48 '109 released as an Oseau machine.....

Yes they did include his markings in one of their G-10 releases...

Here's a good profile, Source Kagero Top Colours Bf109G over Germany.

Attachments

• Green 13_a.JPG
    Green 13_a.JPG
    57.9 KB · Views: 130
all german planes had whitewall tailwheels :) its even a therad about it here :)

http://www.ww2aircraft.net/forum/aviation/luftwaffes-whitewall-tires-19255.html

here you will find the info why ;) its not to make them look good..its a reason..but read the whole thread before you make your mind up as in the beginning it starts kinda strange..but its real.. on page two and three you will find the answers you are looing for

I found this accidentally... And I know, it's not an '13' and it's completely fictional and 'what if' profile, but it's so cool I just had to post it here. Hope you like it Jan.

Attachments

• 111781_416966158_113522_104241476_mig29swedenwx3.jpg
    111781_416966158_113522_104241476_mig29swedenwx3.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 112
How about this one then? 8)

Unit: Erprobungskommando 25
Serial: 13 (3U+13 W.Nr.10241)
Me.410A-1 equipped with a modified Flak 43 37mm cannon mounted in the bomb bay. Only two examples of standard Me.410A-1s underwent this conversion. The depicted aircraft W.Nr.10241 was one of them. Upper and lower surfaces are covered with RLM 74 and 75. The plane was tested and evaluated by Erprobungskommando 25 and later was probably lent or assigned to Stab/ZG 26. According to ZG 26 losses record it was destroyed during a landing after being damaged in an fight near Plauen on May 12, 1944. Both crewman Lt.P.Kaschuba (at least one confirmed victory with E.Kdo 25) and Ofw. K.Bredemeier were killed. At that time in code was reportedly 3U + Blue 13. However, '13' appears to be black in photographs.

Attachments

• Me 410 Black or Blue 13.jpg
    Me 410 Black or Blue 13.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
I think the only external difference that can be seen is their external equipment.Basicly both variants looked the same although both were pwered by different DB engines.

Hi Lucky13, whatcha need to know? Been a bit busy with my Wee Walter (LOL) but I'm still available for any questions you might have. Mostly I have Osprey stuff so far, and a few other books for paints, and a couple of pics of Oesau's myriad #13s.

Oddly enough, 13 is a big part of my life too. The number, at least. Hubby's birthday is July 13, and my son was born at 3:13 p.m. on the 20th of June '08 (was due on Oesau's birthday, but no matter how much I squawked at the docs they wouldn't let me go that far. haa haa)

I do know from what I've read in my research (which is still ongoing, even though it's a bit daunting at times) that he really didn't like kill marks on his plane at all, and was a fan of the color green, which wasn't a "regulation" color from what I've read/studied; and he also hated the F series 109s as well, refusing to fly them until no more parts were available for his Emil.

As to WHEN he started using the number 13? Still working on that. Most pilots, at least from what I've found out, would put that number on as an "up yours" to the fates. Kind of a superstitious thing, 13 being generally seen as unlucky.

The superstitious stuff was really prevalent in WWI - Lothar von Richthofen actually had a FEAR of the #13, having been wounded, at least to his accounts, on the 13th every single time (I think it was actually the 12th on one occasion, memory fails me, I call mombrains as the excuse!)

About the most "well-known" 13-er was Pritzi Baer, yep. But he also flew Red 23 as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back